Xeni Jardin wrote a post today on Boing Boing titled, “Lessons Learned.” I’ve commented on the Boing Boing explosion from a couple of weeks ago here, here, and here. It’s part apology, and part “here’s what we learned today.” As far as the Boing Boing community goes, I think it’s good that Xeni posted this. Also, it’s interesting how positive the majority of comments are to this post than to the original post that served as lightning rod to this mess. I wonder if folks had time to cool off, or if those anti-happy mutants jetisoned their escape pod to points of interest in the Internet Cloud that they found more amenable to their sensibilities. Anyways, I think Warren Ellis’ post, The Patchwork Years, is a good read and perspective antidote to comment wars and the general philocentric ennui on the net.
Most Recent Posts
- 2015 Science Fiction Research Association Conference Wrap-Up June 29, 2015
- My SFRA 2015 Conference Presentation: The Cyberspace Deck as a Mechanism: Gibson’s Sprawl Trilogy as a Voyager Expanded Book June 25, 2015
- Social Media Workshop on Professionalization and Pedagogy, May 12, 2015, 3:00-4:00PM May 12, 2015
- Spring Recess 2015: Reading, Exploring, and Making April 12, 2015
- A List in Progress: Neuroscience and Science Fiction Literature April 2, 2015
- An Entreaty to Gamergate: Giving Ourselves Permission to Change for an Inclusive Video Game Culture February 11, 2015
- An Idea for Aggregation of Student Online Artifacts Using Visual Rendering and Metadata Collection January 12, 2015
- Transformations of ‘Cyberspace’ Across Media: My Poster for 12th Annual City Tech Poster Session November 20, 2014
- Personal Reflection and Improved Battery Life on iPhone 4S with iOS 8 (Hint: It’s about Twitter and Technology Use) October 14, 2014
- Writing Advice From Neil Gaiman and Bruce Campbell, Written on My Old Powerbook G4, 2005 October 2, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- 2015 Science Fiction Research Association Conference Wrap-Up
- Safari Web Content Hogging RAM and CPU Time, Thread on Apple Support Communities
- On Forced Deep Throat in Aliens Vs. Predator Requiem
- How to Build a Sparring Lightsaber with Parts from Home Depot and Spare Parts (with thoughts on learning and haptics)
- Neil Gaiman's "How to Talk to Girls at Parties"
- Adventures with a CustoMac: My Instructions for Turning Asus P8Z77-V Based PC into a Screaming-Fast Hackintosh
- Homebuilt UHF Antenna for HDTV Reception
- Sonya Dorman Hess' "When I Was Miss Dow"
- 1080p Trouble with Windows 7, Nvidia, and Samsung LCD HDTV
- Lego Star Wars Millennium Falcon 7190 Custom Rebuild
- 407,666 visits
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.