I received an email from SFRA Web Director Matthew Holtmeier this afternoon that the new and improved SFRA.org website is now live. Go here to check it out and find out what the new site can offer you!
What is Dynamic Subspace?
On DynamicSubspace.net, Dr. Jason W. Ellis shares his interdisciplinary research and pedagogy. This blog's focus includes the exploration of science, technology, and cultural issues through science fiction and neuroscientific approaches.
Dr. Ellis is an Assistant Professor of English at the New York City College of Technology (City Tech) where he currently teaches college writing and technical communication.
He holds a B.S. in Science, Technology, and Culture from Georgia Tech, a M.A. in Science Fiction Studies from the University of Liverpool, and a Ph.D. in English from Kent State University.
Contact him via email at jellis at citytech.cuny.edu or on Twitter @dynamicsubspace.
Most Recent Posts
- Science Fiction, LMC3214, Summer 2014: Exploring Cultural Connections Through Haptics and LEGO August 23, 2014
- Minireview: The Reconcilers Graphic Novel Volume 1 July 15, 2014
- Second Donation to Georgia Tech Library Archive’s Retrocomputing Lab: Power Macintosh 8500 June 29, 2014
- Inaugural Donation to Georgia Tech Library Archive’s Retrocomputing Lab June 20, 2014
- Atlanta Science Fiction Society Talk on Teaching SF at Georgia Tech, Tomorrow June 13, 2014
- New Job, New Students, and New Friends in New York City June 10, 2014
- Recovered Writing, PhD in English, Dissertation Defense Opening Statement, May 15, 2012 June 9, 2014
- Recovered Writing, PhD in English, Dissertation Paragraph Summaries Before Defense, May 2012 June 6, 2014
- Recovered Writing, Brittain Fellowship, CETL Brown Bag, Writing the Brain: Using Twitter and Storify, Oct. 2, 2013 June 4, 2014
- Recovered Writing, Unpublished Essay, Michael Bay’s Transformers and the New Post-9/11 Science Fiction Film Narrative, 26 March 2009 June 2, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Safari Web Content Hogging RAM and CPU Time, Thread on Apple Support Communities
- Lego Star Wars Slave I 8097 with Display
- Sonya Dorman Hess' "When I Was Miss Dow"
- Lego Star Wars Midi-Size Millennium Falcon
- Enable TRIM in Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard for Speed and Longer SSD Life
- My Desktop Before Snow Leopard Install
- Lego Launch Command Sets For Sale
- Differential Gears for Lego Robot Fred Arrived!
- How to Build a Sparring Lightsaber with Parts from Home Depot and Spare Parts (with thoughts on learning and haptics)
- Before and After: Witus van de Merwe and District 9
- 369,866 visits
- #starwars The rebuilt Millennium Falcon looks beautiful. 1 hour ago
- "What a piece of junk!" Do you want to say that to a vigilante who spends his time beating people up? #starwars youtube.com/watch?v=3C7lUf… 2 hours ago
- RT @ultrabrilliant: Sim Peaks http://t.co/G1rDiq609c 19 hours ago
- RT @GTLibrary: Got old technology? Loan it to us for the 'retroTECH exhibit' at the Library! p1.gatech.edu/news/retrotech… #retroTECHgt http://t.… 1 day ago
- @agentivxx @Gizmodo Thanks for the heads-up! 1 day ago
- RT @agentivxx: @dynamicsubspace RT @Gizmodo: Don't put iOS 8 on your iPhone 4S: gizmo.do/5smdVL0 http://t.co/61hOelK4wN 1 day ago
- RT @andrea_roberts: Announcement-New Faculty Position | in Atlanta, Georgia at the Women's Studies Department, Emory... http://t.co/S3Vq0Kw… 1 day ago
- @agentivxx It's "compatible" ;-) There are many ways to interpret that word. 1 day ago
- @agentivxx I might be a techno-masochist when it comes to installing software on unintended hardware, but even I have my limits w/ iPhone 4S 1 day ago
- @agentivxx @kfury We lusted after OS-support for UI themes. Aaron, and later, Kaledeidoscope filled the gap. kaleidoscope.net/greg/aaron.html 1 day ago
Commenting PolicyComments on posts are always appreciated and encouraged. However, I continue to fight spam posts in the comments. When you comment, please be patient, because I choose to moderate comments to combat spam. I approve and respond to comments in as timely a fashion as possible. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.