I received an email from SFRA Web Director Matthew Holtmeier this afternoon that the new and improved SFRA.org website is now live. Go here to check it out and find out what the new site can offer you!
What is Dynamic Subspace?
On DynamicSubspace.net, Dr. Jason W. Ellis shares his interdisciplinary research and pedagogy. This blog's focus includes the exploration of science, technology, and cultural issues through science fiction and neuroscientific approaches.
Dr. Ellis is an Assistant Professor of English at the New York City College of Technology (City Tech) where he currently teaches college writing and professional communication.
He holds a B.S. in Science, Technology, and Culture from Georgia Tech, a M.A. in Science Fiction Studies from the University of Liverpool, and a Ph.D. in English from Kent State University.
Contact him via email at jellis at citytech.cuny.edu or on Twitter @dynamicsubspace.
Most Recent Posts
- Minireview: The Reconcilers Graphic Novel Volume 1 July 15, 2014
- Second Donation to Georgia Tech Library Archive’s Retrocomputing Lab: Power Macintosh 8500 June 29, 2014
- Inaugural Donation to Georgia Tech Library Archive’s Retrocomputing Lab June 20, 2014
- Atlanta Science Fiction Society Talk on Teaching SF at Georgia Tech, Tomorrow June 13, 2014
- New Job, New Students, and New Friends in New York City June 10, 2014
- Recovered Writing, PhD in English, Dissertation Defense Opening Statement, May 15, 2012 June 9, 2014
- Recovered Writing, PhD in English, Dissertation Paragraph Summaries Before Defense, May 2012 June 6, 2014
- Recovered Writing, Brittain Fellowship, CETL Brown Bag, Writing the Brain: Using Twitter and Storify, Oct. 2, 2013 June 4, 2014
- Recovered Writing, Unpublished Essay, Michael Bay’s Transformers and the New Post-9/11 Science Fiction Film Narrative, 26 March 2009 June 2, 2014
- Recovered Writing, PhD in English, Comprehensive Exam 3 of 3, Fiction of Philip K. Dick, Dr. Donald “Mack” Hassler, 7 June 2010 May 30, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- On Forced Deep Throat in Aliens Vs. Predator Requiem
- Lego Launch Command Sets For Sale
- Enable TRIM in Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard for Speed and Longer SSD Life
- Steps for Installing Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail in Dualboot Configuration on MacBook Pro Retina 10,1
- Interview with Producer, Writer, and Director of the 1977 Educational Children’s TV Show “Space Station L-4,” Paul Lally, Oct. 3, 2013
- Before and After: Witus van de Merwe and District 9
- Safari Web Content Hogging RAM and CPU Time, Thread on Apple Support Communities
- Further Musings on Avatar: The Na'vi Aren't As Primitive As We May Think
- Lego Star Wars Mini Sets, TIE Fighter, General Grievous' Starfighter, V-19 Torrent
- 367,778 visits
- RT @EmrgencyKittens: oh hey http://t.co/NutlRBM7G4 1 day ago
- “@EmrgencyKittens: mechanic cat http://t.co/fJLBwiULuv” @YugawaSensei maybe Miao had been helping out while we were gone and got dirty. 1 day ago
- One guy just bought a sealed MacBook Pro from another guy at Starbucks. "It's been so long since I've had a new computer." Open. Boot. Cash. 1 day ago
- RT @olivia_solon: Russia wants Bulgarians to stop vandalizing Soviet monuments to look like superheroes: themoscowtimes.com/article/505354… http://t.co… 1 day ago
- Overheard at Starbucks: "I'm not a product of this century." I had a feeling there were time travelers about. 1 day ago
- On 3rd St. http://t.co/qB5aTD8qUU 1 day ago
- RT @Baltobabble: Wow. RT @EastSideKris: @CNN won't tell u this but this is what it looks like outside right now... http://t.co/TeP7axGmLD 1 day ago
- RT @tomtomorrow: The technical term for a country in which citizens are not allowed to question police would be "police state." 1 day ago
- RT @JoshRosenau: Not seeing names or badge numbers on officers arresting Getty Images photographer Scott Olson in #Ferguson: http://t.co/wu… 2 days ago
- RT @repjohnlewis: Tonight I march in solidarity with those in #Ferguson because I believe the people have a right to peacefully protest htt… 2 days ago
Commenting PolicyComments on posts are always appreciated and encouraged. However, I continue to fight spam posts in the comments. When you comment, please be patient, because I choose to moderate comments to combat spam. I approve and respond to comments in as timely a fashion as possible. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.