In case you missed it, Blizzard launched World of Warcraft: Cataclysm today. You can buy it in stores, or you can get it the way the Maker intended: as a digital download. Information about the world-transformative upgrade is available on the official site here.
What is Dynamic Subspace?
On DynamicSubspace.net, Dr. Jason W. Ellis shares his interdisciplinary research and pedagogy. This blog's focus includes the exploration of science, technology, and cultural issues through science fiction and neuroscientific approaches.
Dr. Ellis is a Marion L. Brittain Postdoctoral Fellow in the School of Literature, Media, and Communication at the Georgia Institute of Technology where he teaches writing and science fiction and innovates new digital pedagogies. Also, he leads the Writing and Communication Program's research and development laboratory, DevLab.
He holds a B.S. in Science, Technology, and Culture from Georgia Tech, a M.A. in Science Fiction Studies from the University of Liverpool, and a Ph.D. in English from Kent State University.
Contact him via email at jason dot ellis at lmc dot gatech dot edu or on Twitter @dynamicsubspace.
Most Recent Posts
- Recovered Writing, PhD in English, Queer Studies, Summary of Eric Clarke’s “Visibility at the Limits of Inclusion,” Feb. 26, 2008 April 16, 2014
- Recovered Writing, PhD in English, Queer Studies, Presentation on Judith Butler’s “Imitation and Gender Insubordination” and Introduction to Bodies That Matter Feb. 6, 2008 April 14, 2014
- Recovered Writing, PhD in English, Queer Studies, Summary of Foucault, The History of Sexuality, Vol. 1, Parts 3 and 4, January 29, 2008 April 11, 2014
- How to Build a Sparring Lightsaber with Parts from Home Depot and Spare Parts (with thoughts on learning and haptics) April 9, 2014
- Recovered Writing: PhD in English, Independent Study with Mack Hassler, Literary Characters, Online Persona, and Science Fiction Scholars: A Polemic, Dec. 9, 2008 April 9, 2014
- Support Files for My Module of DevLab Social Media Pedagogy and Assignments Workshop April 8, 2014
- Recovered Writing: PhD in English, Independent Study with Mack Hassler, David Foster Wallace, Philip K. Dick, and Transgressive Parody, Sept. 28, 2008 April 7, 2014
- Recovered Writing: PhD in English, Independent Study with Mack Hassler, On Percy Bysshe Shelley’s “The Necessity of Atheism,” Sept. 17, 2008 April 4, 2014
- Interview with Producer, Writer, and Director of the 1977 Educational Children’s TV Show “Space Station L-4,” Paul Lally, Oct. 3, 2013 April 3, 2014
- Recovered Writing: SFRA 2010 Paper, “James Cameron’s Avatar and the Machine in the Garden: Reading Movie Narratives and Practices of Production,” June 26, 2010 April 2, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Steps for Installing Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail in Dualboot Configuration on MacBook Pro Retina 10,1
- Safari Web Content Hogging RAM and CPU Time, Thread on Apple Support Communities
- On Forced Deep Throat in Aliens Vs. Predator Requiem
- Lego Star Wars Millennium Falcon 7190 Custom Rebuild
- Lego Launch Command Sets For Sale
- Enable TRIM in Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard for Speed and Longer SSD Life
- 1080p Trouble with Windows 7, Nvidia, and Samsung LCD HDTV
- Academic Exchange Quarterly's Publishing Scam
- Neil Gaiman's "How to Talk to Girls at Parties"
- Lego Star Wars Luke's Landspeeder 8092
- 354,912 visits
- RT @GTLibrary: Last 3 Library classes of Spring semester: How to Write a Lit Review, Final Cut Pro Workshop, & EndNote X7 Training http://t… 4 hours ago
- RT @insidehighered: Free booklet of articles and free webinar on flipping the classroom: insidehighered.com/quicktakes/201… 21 hours ago
- RT @ricutz: Karen Head and CommLab Featured in GT Portal Page on the Clough Commons lmc-gt.blogspot.com/2014/04/karen-… 1 day ago
- RT @MYSADCAT: My cat is sad because he has bummed out most of his friends, and now even his beloved iPod has turned against him. http://t.c… 1 day ago
- @YugawaSensei That looks just about right : ) 1 day ago
- Recovered Writing, PhD in English, Queer Studies, Summary of Eric Clarke’s “Visibility at the Limits of Inclusion,”… wp.me/p3Tri-1jS 1 day ago
- @ShawnaRoss Margaret says that she loves your CFP--she's thinking about submitting something. 1 day ago
- @ShawnaRoss That's true. Wondering how to help students explain that thinking while it is in-process. Twitter might be another way. 1 day ago
- Cross-play testing between classes/sections--talk to Jon. #devlab 1 day ago
- @ShawnaRoss Margaret Konkol says hey--she's coding behind me. 1 day ago
Commenting PolicyComments on posts are always appreciated and encouraged. However, I continue to fight spam posts in the comments. When you comment, please be patient, because I choose to moderate comments to combat spam. I approve and respond to comments in as timely a fashion as possible. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.