In case you missed it, Blizzard launched World of Warcraft: Cataclysm today. You can buy it in stores, or you can get it the way the Maker intended: as a digital download. Information about the world-transformative upgrade is available on the official site here.
What is Dynamic Subspace?
On DynamicSubspace.net, Dr. Jason W. Ellis shares his interdisciplinary research and pedagogy. This blog's focus includes the exploration of science, technology, and cultural issues through science fiction and neuroscientific approaches.
Dr. Ellis is a Marion L. Brittain Postdoctoral Fellow in the School of Literature, Media, and Communication at the Georgia Institute of Technology where he teaches writing and science fiction and innovates new digital pedagogies. Also, he leads the Writing and Communication Program's research and development laboratory, DevLab.
He holds a B.S. in Science, Technology, and Culture from Georgia Tech, a M.A. in Science Fiction Studies from the University of Liverpool, and a Ph.D. in English from Kent State University.
Contact him via email at jason dot ellis at lmc dot gatech dot edu or on Twitter @dynamicsubspace.
Most Recent Posts
- Recovered Writing, PhD in English, Queer Studies, Summary of Chandan Reddy’s “Asian Diasporas, Neoliberalism, and Family,” April 8, 2008 April 21, 2014
- Recovered Writing, PhD in English, Queer Studies, Eric Clarke’s “The Citizen’s Sexual Shadow,” March 2, 2008 April 18, 2014
- Recovered Writing, PhD in English, Queer Studies, Summary of Eric Clarke’s “Visibility at the Limits of Inclusion,” Feb. 26, 2008 April 16, 2014
- Recovered Writing, PhD in English, Queer Studies, Presentation on Judith Butler’s “Imitation and Gender Insubordination” and Introduction to Bodies That Matter Feb. 6, 2008 April 14, 2014
- Recovered Writing, PhD in English, Queer Studies, Summary of Foucault, The History of Sexuality, Vol. 1, Parts 3 and 4, January 29, 2008 April 11, 2014
- How to Build a Sparring Lightsaber with Parts from Home Depot and Spare Parts (with thoughts on learning and haptics) April 9, 2014
- Recovered Writing: PhD in English, Independent Study with Mack Hassler, Literary Characters, Online Persona, and Science Fiction Scholars: A Polemic, Dec. 9, 2008 April 9, 2014
- Support Files for My Module of DevLab Social Media Pedagogy and Assignments Workshop April 8, 2014
- Recovered Writing: PhD in English, Independent Study with Mack Hassler, David Foster Wallace, Philip K. Dick, and Transgressive Parody, Sept. 28, 2008 April 7, 2014
- Recovered Writing: PhD in English, Independent Study with Mack Hassler, On Percy Bysshe Shelley’s “The Necessity of Atheism,” Sept. 17, 2008 April 4, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Steps for Installing Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail in Dualboot Configuration on MacBook Pro Retina 10,1
- Safari Web Content Hogging RAM and CPU Time, Thread on Apple Support Communities
- Lego Launch Command Sets For Sale
- On Forced Deep Throat in Aliens Vs. Predator Requiem
- James Tiptree, Jr.'s "The Last Flight of Doctor Ain"
- 1080p Trouble with Windows 7, Nvidia, and Samsung LCD HDTV
- Enable TRIM in Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard for Speed and Longer SSD Life
- Candas Jane Dorsey's "(Learning About) Machine Sex"
- Gandalf Flies with the Eagles, a Lego MOC with 31004 and 30213
- Paul J. McAuley's "Karl and the Ogre"
- 355,765 visits
- RT @slashdot: Google's Project Ara Could Bring PC-Like Hardware Ecosystem To Phones bit.ly/1lCKNOD 5 hours ago
- RT @YugawaSensei: This just melted my heart. “@EmrgencyKittens: completely and utterly adorable. http://t.co/WemYTbtreh” 7 hours ago
- @SethWmJohnson Couldn't find a discus, so I gave you 2 pushups. #still2things youtu.be/ZiMhr9f5FN4 8 hours ago
- @savasavasava Amazing view. What an incredible place. #thanksfortheshare 10 hours ago
- @agentivxx Signed up yet? mobile.theverge.com/2014/4/22/5641… 11 hours ago
- RT @georgiatech: Solar panels top our buildings and over 11,000 trees. #HappyEarthDay from GT! | c.gatech.edu/1jQVYU | http://t.co/98DEE… 11 hours ago
- RT @FembotColl: CFP Digital Research in the Humanities and Arts [DRHA] drha2014.co.uk/?p=37 via @corinamacd 11 hours ago
- RT @georgiatech: Tips to surviving Dead Week (and finals) at Georgia Tech. | c.gatech.edu/QCTVJw 11 hours ago
- RT @googleglass: 5 nonprofits can win Glass, a $25k grant & connection to Glass developers. Find out how: g.co/givingthroughg… 15 hours ago
- RT @kalanicraig: An awesome dad on "I like fangirls the way I like coffee. I hate coffee" t-shirt idiocy. Bonus #PDX MT @ruckawriter http:/… 15 hours ago
Commenting PolicyComments on posts are always appreciated and encouraged. However, I continue to fight spam posts in the comments. When you comment, please be patient, because I choose to moderate comments to combat spam. I approve and respond to comments in as timely a fashion as possible. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.