Actually, the Science Fiction Research Association isn’t really “invading” Dragon*Con with ray guns drawn, but we will host a panel titled, “What does Science Fiction Mean: A Conversation with the SFRA” on Sunday morning in the Hyatt’s Fairlie room at 11:30am. Thanks to the SFRA’s Publicity Director R. Nicole Smith, several SFRA EC members (Lisa Yaszek and myself) and SFRA Review editors (Doug Davis and Jason Embry) will hold a panel to let convention goers know a little bit about what we do in the SFRA. We will also invite attendees to join the SFRA and participate in the 43rd annual conference in Detroit next year. If you are attending Dragon*Con, stop by the panel and join the conversation. If you aren’t going to Dragon*Con but are in the Atlanta area and what to talk shop, drop me a line [dynamicsubspace now-what-goes-here gmailcom]–I will be in town from Friday until Sunday.
What is Dynamic Subspace?
On DynamicSubspace.net, Dr. Jason W. Ellis shares his interdisciplinary research and pedagogy. This blog's focus includes the exploration of science, technology, and cultural issues through science fiction and neuroscientific approaches.
Dr. Ellis is a Marion L. Brittain Postdoctoral Fellow in the School of Literature, Media, and Communication at the Georgia Institute of Technology where he teaches writing and science fiction and innovates new digital pedagogies. Also, he leads the Writing and Communication Program's research and development laboratory, DevLab.
He holds a B.S. in Science, Technology, and Culture from Georgia Tech, a M.A. in Science Fiction Studies from the University of Liverpool, and a Ph.D. in English from Kent State University.
Contact him via email at jason dot ellis at lmc dot gatech dot edu or on Twitter @dynamicsubspace.
Most Recent Posts
- Minireview: The Reconcilers Graphic Novel Volume 1 July 15, 2014
- Second Donation to Georgia Tech Library Archive’s Retrocomputing Lab: Power Macintosh 8500 June 29, 2014
- Inaugural Donation to Georgia Tech Library Archive’s Retrocomputing Lab June 20, 2014
- Atlanta Science Fiction Society Talk on Teaching SF at Georgia Tech, Tomorrow June 13, 2014
- New Job, New Students, and New Friends in New York City June 10, 2014
- Recovered Writing, PhD in English, Dissertation Defense Opening Statement, May 15, 2012 June 9, 2014
- Recovered Writing, PhD in English, Dissertation Paragraph Summaries Before Defense, May 2012 June 6, 2014
- Recovered Writing, Brittain Fellowship, CETL Brown Bag, Writing the Brain: Using Twitter and Storify, Oct. 2, 2013 June 4, 2014
- Recovered Writing, Unpublished Essay, Michael Bay’s Transformers and the New Post-9/11 Science Fiction Film Narrative, 26 March 2009 June 2, 2014
- Recovered Writing, PhD in English, Comprehensive Exam 3 of 3, Fiction of Philip K. Dick, Dr. Donald “Mack” Hassler, 7 June 2010 May 30, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Steps for Installing Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail in Dualboot Configuration on MacBook Pro Retina 10,1
- Enable TRIM in Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard for Speed and Longer SSD Life
- 1080p Trouble with Windows 7, Nvidia, and Samsung LCD HDTV
- The United States and Canada Declare War on Japanese Manga and Lolicon
- James Tiptree, Jr.'s "The Last Flight of Doctor Ain"
- Gandalf Flies with the Eagles, a Lego MOC with 31004 and 30213
- Lego Star Wars Mini Sets, TIE Fighter, General Grievous' Starfighter, V-19 Torrent
- More Mac OS X Resource Savings: Disable AirPort Base Station Agent
- Lego Star Wars Millennium Falcon 4504
- How to Build a Sparring Lightsaber with Parts from Home Depot and Spare Parts (with thoughts on learning and haptics)
- 366,196 visits
- RT @jaylyall_red5: Want new sci-fi? #MIT's 12 Tomorrows has stories by @doctorow, @warrenellis + peek at @GreatDismal's new novel http://t.… 11 hours ago
- RT @EFF: Hate your ISP? Maybe community controlled high-speed fiber Internet access is the answer. eff.org/r.84jw 16 hours ago
- @MJillella Can also use Storify.com to import your tweets into a Story. Publish. Load on one page. Print/Export. 16 hours ago
- @MJillella Easy way: Load twitter.com/MJillella, scroll until all #lmc3214 tweets on single page, print/export as PDF (Chrome/Safari). 16 hours ago
- #lmc3214 Surveys: 85%. Almost there and climbing! 17 hours ago
- RT @AshaHarris29: We only need 11% more for this survey guys. We can do it! #lmc3214 19 hours ago
- RT @GTliberalarts: Finals week is almost over! You can do this, Jackets! 20 hours ago
- @roxanne_321 Thanks, Roxanne! All the best! 20 hours ago
- @jodoedjr Thanks, John! Good luck to you! 20 hours ago
- RT @roxanne_321: A big thank you to everyone in #lmc3214 and @dynamicsubspace :) 20 hours ago
Commenting PolicyComments on posts are always appreciated and encouraged. However, I continue to fight spam posts in the comments. When you comment, please be patient, because I choose to moderate comments to combat spam. I approve and respond to comments in as timely a fashion as possible. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.