Actually, the Science Fiction Research Association isn’t really “invading” Dragon*Con with ray guns drawn, but we will host a panel titled, “What does Science Fiction Mean: A Conversation with the SFRA” on Sunday morning in the Hyatt’s Fairlie room at 11:30am. Thanks to the SFRA’s Publicity Director R. Nicole Smith, several SFRA EC members (Lisa Yaszek and myself) and SFRA Review editors (Doug Davis and Jason Embry) will hold a panel to let convention goers know a little bit about what we do in the SFRA. We will also invite attendees to join the SFRA and participate in the 43rd annual conference in Detroit next year. If you are attending Dragon*Con, stop by the panel and join the conversation. If you aren’t going to Dragon*Con but are in the Atlanta area and what to talk shop, drop me a line [dynamicsubspace now-what-goes-here gmailcom]–I will be in town from Friday until Sunday.
What is Dynamic Subspace?
On DynamicSubspace.net, Dr. Jason W. Ellis shares his interdisciplinary research and pedagogy. This blog's focus includes the exploration of science, technology, and cultural issues through science fiction and neuroscientific approaches.
Dr. Ellis is an Assistant Professor of English at the New York City College of Technology (City Tech) where he currently teaches college writing and technical communication.
He holds a B.S. in Science, Technology, and Culture from Georgia Tech, a M.A. in Science Fiction Studies from the University of Liverpool, and a Ph.D. in English from Kent State University.
Contact him via email at jellis at citytech.cuny.edu or on Twitter @dynamicsubspace.
Most Recent Posts
- Science Fiction, LMC3214, Summer 2014: Exploring Cultural Connections Through Haptics and LEGO August 23, 2014
- Minireview: The Reconcilers Graphic Novel Volume 1 July 15, 2014
- Second Donation to Georgia Tech Library Archive’s Retrocomputing Lab: Power Macintosh 8500 June 29, 2014
- Inaugural Donation to Georgia Tech Library Archive’s Retrocomputing Lab June 20, 2014
- Atlanta Science Fiction Society Talk on Teaching SF at Georgia Tech, Tomorrow June 13, 2014
- New Job, New Students, and New Friends in New York City June 10, 2014
- Recovered Writing, PhD in English, Dissertation Defense Opening Statement, May 15, 2012 June 9, 2014
- Recovered Writing, PhD in English, Dissertation Paragraph Summaries Before Defense, May 2012 June 6, 2014
- Recovered Writing, Brittain Fellowship, CETL Brown Bag, Writing the Brain: Using Twitter and Storify, Oct. 2, 2013 June 4, 2014
- Recovered Writing, Unpublished Essay, Michael Bay’s Transformers and the New Post-9/11 Science Fiction Film Narrative, 26 March 2009 June 2, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Lego Launch Command Sets For Sale
- On Forced Deep Throat in Aliens Vs. Predator Requiem
- Before and After: Witus van de Merwe and District 9
- New Pictures of Custom Display Stand for Star Wars Lego Slave I 8097
- Lego Brain and Other Older Lego Advertisements
- Lego Star Wars Millennium Falcon 7190 Custom Rebuild
- 2 Days Left on VFX1 Headgear Virtual Reality System eBay Auction
- With Grading Done, I'm Preparing for a Hot Summer with a New Attic Fan
- Lego Star Wars Slave I 8097 with Display
- Lego Star Wars Millennium Falcon Midi-Size 7778
- 368,761 visits
- RT @gerrycanavan: Unfortunately the Amazon page doesn't have the title image yet: cambridge.org/us/academic/su… 2 days ago
- RT @sfranews: Great news at UC-Riverside as the Eaton Collection receives a large bequest: pe.com/articles/colle… 2 days ago
- Watching Ghostbusters II with @YugawaSensei sets things right in the world. 2 days ago
- “@EmrgencyKittens: http://t.co/7Osib4Wd2q” @YugawaSensei 2 days ago
- Then my Apple Mighty Mouse died. It's deader than a doornail. <deploys the trackball in a strategic flanking maneuver> 2 days ago
- 1 Receive 1st TWC bill 2 Pay TWC bill 3 Internet down hour later 4 Call support 5 Tech sched Thurs 6 "Enjoy better"? I'd hate to see worse! 2 days ago
- RT @CityTechLibrary: New ebook collections and other resources in the library! cityte.ch/jq 3 days ago
- Watching Andre Rieu and his orchestra perform at Radio City Music Hall on CUNY Arts TV. Hopes he returns to NYC soon! 4 days ago
- @agentivxx I KNEW that I was doing SOMETHING wrong! 4 days ago
- RT @PennyRed: Video Games, Misogyny and Terrorism: a Guide to Assholes. Brilliant, essential piece. Read now. badassdigest.com/2014/08/26/vid… 4 days ago
Commenting PolicyComments on posts are always appreciated and encouraged. However, I continue to fight spam posts in the comments. When you comment, please be patient, because I choose to moderate comments to combat spam. I approve and respond to comments in as timely a fashion as possible. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.