Tune into the Sci Fi Lab Radio Show on Nov 1 @ 7PM for an original dramatization of Karel Capek’s Rossum’s Universal Robots [read the play translated into English here]. Listen to the Sci Fi Lab on wrek.org or WREK 91.1 FM in Atlanta.
What is Dynamic Subspace?
On DynamicSubspace.net, Dr. Jason W. Ellis shares his interdisciplinary research and pedagogy. This blog's focus includes the exploration of science, technology, and cultural issues through science fiction and neuroscientific approaches.
Dr. Ellis is an Assistant Professor of English at the New York City College of Technology (City Tech) where he currently teaches college writing and technical communication.
He holds a B.S. in Science, Technology, and Culture from Georgia Tech, a M.A. in Science Fiction Studies from the University of Liverpool, and a Ph.D. in English from Kent State University.
Contact him via email at jellis at citytech.cuny.edu or on Twitter @dynamicsubspace.
Most Recent Posts
- Personal Digital Archaeology: New Computer Price List.doc, April 17, 2004 September 19, 2014
- Science Fiction, LMC3214, Summer 2014: Exploring Cultural Connections Through Haptics and LEGO August 23, 2014
- Minireview: The Reconcilers Graphic Novel Volume 1 July 15, 2014
- Second Donation to Georgia Tech Library Archive’s Retrocomputing Lab: Power Macintosh 8500 June 29, 2014
- Inaugural Donation to Georgia Tech Library Archive’s Retrocomputing Lab June 20, 2014
- Atlanta Science Fiction Society Talk on Teaching SF at Georgia Tech, Tomorrow June 13, 2014
- New Job, New Students, and New Friends in New York City June 10, 2014
- Recovered Writing, PhD in English, Dissertation Defense Opening Statement, May 15, 2012 June 9, 2014
- Recovered Writing, PhD in English, Dissertation Paragraph Summaries Before Defense, May 2012 June 6, 2014
- Recovered Writing, Brittain Fellowship, CETL Brown Bag, Writing the Brain: Using Twitter and Storify, Oct. 2, 2013 June 4, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- On Forced Deep Throat in Aliens Vs. Predator Requiem
- How to Build a Sparring Lightsaber with Parts from Home Depot and Spare Parts (with thoughts on learning and haptics)
- More Legos Than I Expected to Find Today
- Lego Star Wars Millennium Falcon 4504
- Steps for Installing Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail in Dualboot Configuration on MacBook Pro Retina 10,1
- Lego Star Wars Millennium Falcon 7190 Custom Rebuild
- Candas Jane Dorsey's "(Learning About) Machine Sex"
- Enable TRIM in Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard for Speed and Longer SSD Life
- Lego City Dozer 7685
- Followup to Adventures with a CustoMac: Installing Mac OS X Mavericks on Asus P8Z77-V PC
- 370,041 visits
- Recommended reading: Steven M. Cahn's From Student to Scholar: A Candid Guide to Becoming a Professor #perspective #advice 4 hours ago
- RT @NewYorker: In this week’s issue, @NickPaumgarten takes an in-depth look at experience and memory in the age of @GoPro: http://t.co/Kvig… 8 hours ago
- RT @usedgov: Have you visited a library lately? Reading is a great activity for both kids and adults alike! 1.usa.gov/1DfjR1D http://t… 11 hours ago
- RT @ShawnaRoss: Isn't this a pretty book cover? Wait for my essay in it, "Toward a Digital Henry James," in 6-8 weeks. http://t.co/ZfeZvEnY… 1 day ago
- New Computer Price List.doc, April 17, 2004 wp.me/p3Tri-1o1 1 day ago
- RT @UCLA_DH: Job: Asst/Assoc Prof, Black Studies & Cinema (DH desirable), City College of NY ift.tt/1wPA1x7 1 day ago
- RT @UCLA_DH: Job: Asst. Prof., Medieval British Lit (DH desirable), Austin College ift.tt/1wPA102 1 day ago
- RT @UCLA_DH: Job: Asst Prof, Early African American Lit (DH desirable), Auburn U. ift.tt/1wPzYkS 1 day ago
- RT @UCLA_DH: Job: Advanced assistant, associate, or full prof, English/DH, U of Utah ift.tt/1uPRxOy 1 day ago
- RT @njoying: #Apple #iphone on sale http://t.co/GCAeH5pKcr 1 day ago
Commenting PolicyComments on posts are always appreciated and encouraged. However, I continue to fight spam posts in the comments. When you comment, please be patient, because I choose to moderate comments to combat spam. I approve and respond to comments in as timely a fashion as possible. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.