Tune into the Sci Fi Lab Radio Show on Nov 1 @ 7PM for an original dramatization of Karel Capek’s Rossum’s Universal Robots [read the play translated into English here]. Listen to the Sci Fi Lab on wrek.org or WREK 91.1 FM in Atlanta.
What is Dynamic Subspace?
On DynamicSubspace.net, Dr. Jason W. Ellis shares his interdisciplinary research and pedagogy. This blog's focus includes the exploration of science, technology, and cultural issues through science fiction and neuroscientific approaches.
Dr. Ellis is a Marion L. Brittain Postdoctoral Fellow in the School of Literature, Media, and Communication at the Georgia Institute of Technology where he teaches writing and science fiction and innovates new digital pedagogies. Also, he leads the Writing and Communication Program's research and development laboratory, DevLab.
He holds a B.S. in Science, Technology, and Culture from Georgia Tech, a M.A. in Science Fiction Studies from the University of Liverpool, and a Ph.D. in English from Kent State University.
Contact him via email at jason dot ellis at lmc dot gatech dot edu or on Twitter @dynamicsubspace.
Most Recent Posts
- Recovered Writing, PhD in English, Queer Studies, Presentation on Judith Butler’s “Imitation and Gender Insubordination” and Introduction to Bodies That Matter Feb. 6, 2008 April 14, 2014
- Recovered Writing, PhD in English, Queer Studies, Summary of Foucault, The History of Sexuality, Vol. 1, Parts 3 and 4, January 29, 2008 April 11, 2014
- How to Build a Sparring Lightsaber with Parts from Home Depot and Spare Parts (with thoughts on learning and haptics) April 9, 2014
- Recovered Writing: PhD in English, Independent Study with Mack Hassler, Literary Characters, Online Persona, and Science Fiction Scholars: A Polemic, Dec. 9, 2008 April 9, 2014
- Support Files for My Module of DevLab Social Media Pedagogy and Assignments Workshop April 8, 2014
- Recovered Writing: PhD in English, Independent Study with Mack Hassler, David Foster Wallace, Philip K. Dick, and Transgressive Parody, Sept. 28, 2008 April 7, 2014
- Recovered Writing: PhD in English, Independent Study with Mack Hassler, On Percy Bysshe Shelley’s “The Necessity of Atheism,” Sept. 17, 2008 April 4, 2014
- Interview with Producer, Writer, and Director of the 1977 Educational Children’s TV Show “Space Station L-4,” Paul Lally, Oct. 3, 2013 April 3, 2014
- Recovered Writing: SFRA 2010 Paper, “James Cameron’s Avatar and the Machine in the Garden: Reading Movie Narratives and Practices of Production,” June 26, 2010 April 2, 2014
- Photos from Europa Report Screening Panel at the Atlanta Science Festival March 31, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Steps for Installing Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail in Dualboot Configuration on MacBook Pro Retina 10,1
- On Forced Deep Throat in Aliens Vs. Predator Requiem
- Lego Launch Command Sets For Sale
- Safari Web Content Hogging RAM and CPU Time, Thread on Apple Support Communities
- Enable TRIM in Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard for Speed and Longer SSD Life
- Paul Williams, Former Literary Executor of Philip K. Dick's estate, Has Passed Away
- Reading List for PhD Minor Exam on the Works of Philip K. Dick
- Gandalf Flies with the Eagles, a Lego MOC with 31004 and 30213
- Morgan Freeman's Through the Wormhole Episode on Consciousness
- Candas Jane Dorsey's "(Learning About) Machine Sex"
- 354,634 visits
- @ShawnaRoss Margaret says that she loves your CFP--she's thinking about submitting something. 14 hours ago
- @ShawnaRoss That's true. Wondering how to help students explain that thinking while it is in-process. Twitter might be another way. 14 hours ago
- Cross-play testing between classes/sections--talk to Jon. #devlab 14 hours ago
- @ShawnaRoss Margaret Konkol says hey--she's coding behind me. 14 hours ago
- @ShawnaRoss Wouldn't it be cool to have students create an interactive fiction based on rhetorical choices--a meta game about game process? 14 hours ago
- @ShawnaRoss YES! I have found this challenging. Rhetorical reflection usually at the end/afterthought. Should be hand-in-hand with process. 14 hours ago
- Instructors can use interactive fiction as a teaching tool. Students can use interactive fiction as a composition tool. #devlab 14 hours ago
- Have students work with their text in different ways with interactive fiction #devlab 14 hours ago
- Interactive fiction in ENGL1101/1102: More on rhetorical purposes than technical proficiency. #devlab 14 hours ago
- Interactive fiction and Inform. Thinking about how you can gamify nonfiction, explore RL, make arguments engaging, model interviews #devlab 14 hours ago
Commenting PolicyComments on posts are always appreciated and encouraged. However, I continue to fight spam posts in the comments. When you comment, please be patient, because I choose to moderate comments to combat spam. I approve and respond to comments in as timely a fashion as possible. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.