Tune into the Sci Fi Lab Radio Show on Nov 1 @ 7PM for an original dramatization of Karel Capek’s Rossum’s Universal Robots [read the play translated into English here]. Listen to the Sci Fi Lab on wrek.org or WREK 91.1 FM in Atlanta.
What is Dynamic Subspace?
On DynamicSubspace.net, Dr. Jason W. Ellis shares his interdisciplinary research and pedagogy. This blog's focus includes the exploration of science, technology, and cultural issues through science fiction and neuroscientific approaches.
Dr. Ellis is an Assistant Professor of English at the New York City College of Technology (City Tech) where he currently teaches college writing and technical communication.
He holds a B.S. in Science, Technology, and Culture from Georgia Tech, a M.A. in Science Fiction Studies from the University of Liverpool, and a Ph.D. in English from Kent State University.
Contact him via email at jellis at citytech.cuny.edu or on Twitter @dynamicsubspace.
Most Recent Posts
- Science Fiction, LMC3214, Summer 2014: Exploring Cultural Connections Through Haptics and LEGO August 23, 2014
- Minireview: The Reconcilers Graphic Novel Volume 1 July 15, 2014
- Second Donation to Georgia Tech Library Archive’s Retrocomputing Lab: Power Macintosh 8500 June 29, 2014
- Inaugural Donation to Georgia Tech Library Archive’s Retrocomputing Lab June 20, 2014
- Atlanta Science Fiction Society Talk on Teaching SF at Georgia Tech, Tomorrow June 13, 2014
- New Job, New Students, and New Friends in New York City June 10, 2014
- Recovered Writing, PhD in English, Dissertation Defense Opening Statement, May 15, 2012 June 9, 2014
- Recovered Writing, PhD in English, Dissertation Paragraph Summaries Before Defense, May 2012 June 6, 2014
- Recovered Writing, Brittain Fellowship, CETL Brown Bag, Writing the Brain: Using Twitter and Storify, Oct. 2, 2013 June 4, 2014
- Recovered Writing, Unpublished Essay, Michael Bay’s Transformers and the New Post-9/11 Science Fiction Film Narrative, 26 March 2009 June 2, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- James Tiptree, Jr.'s "The Last Flight of Doctor Ain"
- Before and After: Witus van de Merwe and District 9
- Safari Web Content Hogging RAM and CPU Time, Thread on Apple Support Communities
- On Forced Deep Throat in Aliens Vs. Predator Requiem
- The United States and Canada Declare War on Japanese Manga and Lolicon
- Lego Star Wars Millennium Falcon 4504
- Lego Launch Command Sets For Sale
- Further Musings on Avatar: The Na'vi Aren't As Primitive As We May Think
- Steps for Installing Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail in Dualboot Configuration on MacBook Pro Retina 10,1
- Steven Francis Murphy's "Tearing Down Tuesday"
- 368,302 visits
- While watching Ghostbusters, it takes as long as the film runs to build the LEGO Ghostbusters 21108 set. 2 hours ago
- RT @robincamille: Feminist Freq. creator 'driven out of home by online abuse and death threats' polygon.com/2014/8/27/6075… // terrifying https:… 7 hours ago
- City Tech's Bachelor of Science in Professional and Technical Writing program. Anticipated start date: Spring 2015. citytech.cuny.edu/academics/dept… 11 hours ago
- RT @CousinDangereux: Morning! A reminder that @femfreq could not sleep in her own home last night because she critiques the representation … 16 hours ago
- RT @geargab: How awesome is this! Featuring all my favorite Sci-Fi authors: @GreatDismal @warrenellis @laurenbeukes @doctorow http://t.co/9… 1 day ago
- RT @somebadideas: Kate Bush opens 1st concert in 35 years with Lily, featuring magick banishment ritual of the Order of the Golden Dawn htt… 1 day ago
- Ghostbusters 30th Anniversary in theaters this Friday (@YugawaSensei and I saw it in Cleveland on 25th anniversary) fandango.com/ghostbusters30… 1 day ago
- RT @intel: 15 Things We Did At School That Future Students Will Never Understand: intel.ly/1pDryt1 http://t.co/3aJDFcKtb1 1 day ago
- @what_is_writing Sure thing! It's cool to see this kind of educational book. Also, I like how you're leveraging the OA ed to move full ed. 1 day ago
- CFP: The Work of Cognition and Neuroethics in Science Fiction, Mar 20-21, 2015. cognethic.org/conference_pro… 1 day ago
Commenting PolicyComments on posts are always appreciated and encouraged. However, I continue to fight spam posts in the comments. When you comment, please be patient, because I choose to moderate comments to combat spam. I approve and respond to comments in as timely a fashion as possible. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.