I was very happy this week to receive a used copy of the Hugo and Nebula Anthology 1993 from Amazon. This early ebook technology by ClariNet is chocked full of content, including a hypertext version of Vernor Vinge’s A Fire Upon the Deep. I will post more about this amazing collection as I explore its depths.
What is Dynamic Subspace?
On DynamicSubspace.net, Dr. Jason W. Ellis shares his interdisciplinary research and pedagogy. This blog's focus includes the exploration of science, technology, and cultural issues through science fiction and neuroscientific approaches.
Dr. Ellis is an Assistant Professor of English at the New York City College of Technology (City Tech) where he currently teaches college writing and technical communication.
He holds a B.S. in Science, Technology, and Culture from Georgia Tech, a M.A. in Science Fiction Studies from the University of Liverpool, and a Ph.D. in English from Kent State University.
Contact him via email at jellis at citytech.cuny.edu or on Twitter @dynamicsubspace.
Most Recent Posts
- Science Fiction, LMC3214, Summer 2014: Exploring Cultural Connections Through Haptics and LEGO August 23, 2014
- Minireview: The Reconcilers Graphic Novel Volume 1 July 15, 2014
- Second Donation to Georgia Tech Library Archive’s Retrocomputing Lab: Power Macintosh 8500 June 29, 2014
- Inaugural Donation to Georgia Tech Library Archive’s Retrocomputing Lab June 20, 2014
- Atlanta Science Fiction Society Talk on Teaching SF at Georgia Tech, Tomorrow June 13, 2014
- New Job, New Students, and New Friends in New York City June 10, 2014
- Recovered Writing, PhD in English, Dissertation Defense Opening Statement, May 15, 2012 June 9, 2014
- Recovered Writing, PhD in English, Dissertation Paragraph Summaries Before Defense, May 2012 June 6, 2014
- Recovered Writing, Brittain Fellowship, CETL Brown Bag, Writing the Brain: Using Twitter and Storify, Oct. 2, 2013 June 4, 2014
- Recovered Writing, Unpublished Essay, Michael Bay’s Transformers and the New Post-9/11 Science Fiction Film Narrative, 26 March 2009 June 2, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Followup to Adventures with a CustoMac: Installing Mac OS X Mavericks on Asus P8Z77-V PC
- Steps for Installing Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail in Dualboot Configuration on MacBook Pro Retina 10,1
- Enable TRIM in Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard for Speed and Longer SSD Life
- How to Build a Sparring Lightsaber with Parts from Home Depot and Spare Parts (with thoughts on learning and haptics)
- The United States and Canada Declare War on Japanese Manga and Lolicon
- Lego Launch Command Sets For Sale
- Lego Star Wars Millennium Falcon 7190 Custom Rebuild
- Paul Williams, Former Literary Executor of Philip K. Dick's estate, Has Passed Away
- Further Musings on Avatar: The Na'vi Aren't As Primitive As We May Think
- Before and After: Witus van de Merwe and District 9
- 368,527 visits
- RT @gerrycanavan: Unfortunately the Amazon page doesn't have the title image yet: cambridge.org/us/academic/su… 3 hours ago
- RT @sfranews: Great news at UC-Riverside as the Eaton Collection receives a large bequest: pe.com/articles/colle… 3 hours ago
- Watching Ghostbusters II with @YugawaSensei sets things right in the world. 4 hours ago
- “@EmrgencyKittens: http://t.co/7Osib4Wd2q” @YugawaSensei 4 hours ago
- Then my Apple Mighty Mouse died. It's deader than a doornail. <deploys the trackball in a strategic flanking maneuver> 7 hours ago
- 1 Receive 1st TWC bill 2 Pay TWC bill 3 Internet down hour later 4 Call support 5 Tech sched Thurs 6 "Enjoy better"? I'd hate to see worse! 9 hours ago
- RT @CityTechLibrary: New ebook collections and other resources in the library! cityte.ch/jq 1 day ago
- Watching Andre Rieu and his orchestra perform at Radio City Music Hall on CUNY Arts TV. Hopes he returns to NYC soon! 2 days ago
- @agentivxx I KNEW that I was doing SOMETHING wrong! 2 days ago
- RT @PennyRed: Video Games, Misogyny and Terrorism: a Guide to Assholes. Brilliant, essential piece. Read now. badassdigest.com/2014/08/26/vid… 2 days ago
Commenting PolicyComments on posts are always appreciated and encouraged. However, I continue to fight spam posts in the comments. When you comment, please be patient, because I choose to moderate comments to combat spam. I approve and respond to comments in as timely a fashion as possible. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.