I was very happy this week to receive a used copy of the Hugo and Nebula Anthology 1993 from Amazon. This early ebook technology by ClariNet is chocked full of content, including a hypertext version of Vernor Vinge’s A Fire Upon the Deep. I will post more about this amazing collection as I explore its depths.
What is Dynamic Subspace?
On DynamicSubspace.net, Dr. Jason W. Ellis shares his interdisciplinary research and pedagogy. This blog's focus includes the exploration of science, technology, and cultural issues through science fiction and neuroscientific approaches.
Dr. Ellis is a Marion L. Brittain Postdoctoral Fellow in the School of Literature, Media, and Communication at the Georgia Institute of Technology where he teaches writing and science fiction and innovates new digital pedagogies. Also, he leads the Writing and Communication Program's research and development laboratory, DevLab.
He holds a B.S. in Science, Technology, and Culture from Georgia Tech, a M.A. in Science Fiction Studies from the University of Liverpool, and a Ph.D. in English from Kent State University.
Contact him via email at jason dot ellis at lmc dot gatech dot edu or on Twitter @dynamicsubspace.
Most Recent Posts
- Recovered Writing, PhD in English, Queer Studies, Eric Clarke’s “The Citizen’s Sexual Shadow,” March 2, 2008 April 18, 2014
- Recovered Writing, PhD in English, Queer Studies, Summary of Eric Clarke’s “Visibility at the Limits of Inclusion,” Feb. 26, 2008 April 16, 2014
- Recovered Writing, PhD in English, Queer Studies, Presentation on Judith Butler’s “Imitation and Gender Insubordination” and Introduction to Bodies That Matter Feb. 6, 2008 April 14, 2014
- Recovered Writing, PhD in English, Queer Studies, Summary of Foucault, The History of Sexuality, Vol. 1, Parts 3 and 4, January 29, 2008 April 11, 2014
- How to Build a Sparring Lightsaber with Parts from Home Depot and Spare Parts (with thoughts on learning and haptics) April 9, 2014
- Recovered Writing: PhD in English, Independent Study with Mack Hassler, Literary Characters, Online Persona, and Science Fiction Scholars: A Polemic, Dec. 9, 2008 April 9, 2014
- Support Files for My Module of DevLab Social Media Pedagogy and Assignments Workshop April 8, 2014
- Recovered Writing: PhD in English, Independent Study with Mack Hassler, David Foster Wallace, Philip K. Dick, and Transgressive Parody, Sept. 28, 2008 April 7, 2014
- Recovered Writing: PhD in English, Independent Study with Mack Hassler, On Percy Bysshe Shelley’s “The Necessity of Atheism,” Sept. 17, 2008 April 4, 2014
- Interview with Producer, Writer, and Director of the 1977 Educational Children’s TV Show “Space Station L-4,” Paul Lally, Oct. 3, 2013 April 3, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Steps for Installing Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail in Dualboot Configuration on MacBook Pro Retina 10,1
- The United States and Canada Declare War on Japanese Manga and Lolicon
- 1080p Trouble with Windows 7, Nvidia, and Samsung LCD HDTV
- W. E. B. Du Bois, Carol Swain, and African-American Duality
- Enable TRIM in Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard for Speed and Longer SSD Life
- How to Build a Sparring Lightsaber with Parts from Home Depot and Spare Parts (with thoughts on learning and haptics)
- Lego Launch Command Sets For Sale
- Custom Light-Up Display Stand for LEGO Star Wars Midi-Scale Millennium Falcon 7778 with Han Solo and Chewbacca from 7190
- Morgan Freeman's Through the Wormhole Episode on Consciousness
- 355,453 visits
- Downstairs preparing for tomorrow. From upstairs, I hear, "schwooo!" And sounds of feet-human and cat-pattering from one end to the other. 31 minutes ago
- @SethWmJohnson Sing it, brother. 35 minutes ago
- 3 unplanned afternoon projects. Can you spot them? Cat walk & perch. LCD stand/MBP storage. Lightsaber display. http://t.co/SxxtEuS9Ud 7 hours ago
- RT @GTliberalarts: #DeadWeek has arrived Jackets! May the odds be in your favor. Happy studying! 1 day ago
- @agentivxx Not sure about the numbering system. Names = more California. 1 day ago
- @agentivxx I think that the arrows have been gone since Lion. I doubt that they will make a comeback now. 1 day ago
- @agentivxx Yeah, I wouldn't mind them back. Also, I wouldn't mind an option 4 brushed metal UI. No one at Apple seems to listen to me. 1 day ago
- @agentivxx They've been gone for awhile, I think. You can enable scroll bars in System Pref > General. Keyboard arrow keys navigate, too. 1 day ago
- RT @MKBHD: When your favorite YouTubers start uploading in 4K: http://t.co/NtqZxp4v5q 1 day ago
- @YugawaSensei “@rebeccaburnett: The WO in WOVEN: Give yourself a treat—T.S. Eliot reads “The Naming of Cats,” 1947. brainpickings.org/index.php/2013… 1 day ago
Commenting PolicyComments on posts are always appreciated and encouraged. However, I continue to fight spam posts in the comments. When you comment, please be patient, because I choose to moderate comments to combat spam. I approve and respond to comments in as timely a fashion as possible. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.