I was very happy this week to receive a used copy of the Hugo and Nebula Anthology 1993 from Amazon. This early ebook technology by ClariNet is chocked full of content, including a hypertext version of Vernor Vinge’s A Fire Upon the Deep. I will post more about this amazing collection as I explore its depths.
What is Dynamic Subspace?
On DynamicSubspace.net, Dr. Jason W. Ellis shares his interdisciplinary research and pedagogy. This blog's focus includes the exploration of science, technology, and cultural issues through science fiction and neuroscientific approaches.
Dr. Ellis is an Assistant Professor of English at the New York City College of Technology (City Tech) where he currently teaches college writing and technical communication.
He holds a B.S. in Science, Technology, and Culture from Georgia Tech, a M.A. in Science Fiction Studies from the University of Liverpool, and a Ph.D. in English from Kent State University.
Contact him via email at jellis at citytech.cuny.edu or on Twitter @dynamicsubspace.
Most Recent Posts
- Science Fiction, LMC3214, Summer 2014: Exploring Cultural Connections Through Haptics and LEGO August 23, 2014
- Minireview: The Reconcilers Graphic Novel Volume 1 July 15, 2014
- Second Donation to Georgia Tech Library Archive’s Retrocomputing Lab: Power Macintosh 8500 June 29, 2014
- Inaugural Donation to Georgia Tech Library Archive’s Retrocomputing Lab June 20, 2014
- Atlanta Science Fiction Society Talk on Teaching SF at Georgia Tech, Tomorrow June 13, 2014
- New Job, New Students, and New Friends in New York City June 10, 2014
- Recovered Writing, PhD in English, Dissertation Defense Opening Statement, May 15, 2012 June 9, 2014
- Recovered Writing, PhD in English, Dissertation Paragraph Summaries Before Defense, May 2012 June 6, 2014
- Recovered Writing, Brittain Fellowship, CETL Brown Bag, Writing the Brain: Using Twitter and Storify, Oct. 2, 2013 June 4, 2014
- Recovered Writing, Unpublished Essay, Michael Bay’s Transformers and the New Post-9/11 Science Fiction Film Narrative, 26 March 2009 June 2, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Steps for Installing Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail in Dualboot Configuration on MacBook Pro Retina 10,1
- Safari Web Content Hogging RAM and CPU Time, Thread on Apple Support Communities
- How to Build a Sparring Lightsaber with Parts from Home Depot and Spare Parts (with thoughts on learning and haptics)
- Lego Launch Command Sets For Sale
- Homebuilt UHF Antenna for HDTV Reception
- Candas Jane Dorsey's "(Learning About) Machine Sex"
- Lego City Dozer 7685
- On Forced Deep Throat in Aliens Vs. Predator Requiem
- Lego City Small Car 3177
- Lego Kingdoms 7955 Wizard Minifig Set
- 369,691 visits
- @oncomouse YES 8 hours ago
- RT @oncomouse: @dynamicsubspace we do need more threat-based interfaces! 8 hours ago
- @oncomouse Shouldn't that be how things work in the 21st century? It's either that or jet packs. 9 hours ago
- Geoffrey Arend is practicing his lines a block down my street. Filming for #MadamSecretary 11 hours ago
- @YugawaSensei a postcard :D http://t.co/gprUhLgMoF 13 hours ago
- RT @robincamille: The OpenPics iPad app is cool — browse open collections, eg DPLA. But maybe don't open to popular pics first... :L http:/… 1 day ago
- RT @kissane: Why I’ve been off Twitter, and how I’m trying to reclaim it. incisive.nu/2014/ditching-… 1 day ago
- RT @tomwarren: Look at the men replying about @femfreq. And people say there’s no issue with how women are treated online? http://t.co/Tbwj… 1 day ago
- RT @femfreq: Yesterday I spoke at #xoxofest about harassers creating hoaxes & conspiracies. Today harassers create hoaxes & conspiracies ab… 1 day ago
- @femfreq @verge Sarkeesian: "One of the most radical things you can do is to actually believe women when they talk about their experiences" 1 day ago
Commenting PolicyComments on posts are always appreciated and encouraged. However, I continue to fight spam posts in the comments. When you comment, please be patient, because I choose to moderate comments to combat spam. I approve and respond to comments in as timely a fashion as possible. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.