I was very happy this week to receive a used copy of the Hugo and Nebula Anthology 1993 from Amazon. This early ebook technology by ClariNet is chocked full of content, including a hypertext version of Vernor Vinge’s A Fire Upon the Deep. I will post more about this amazing collection as I explore its depths.
What is Dynamic Subspace?
On DynamicSubspace.net, Dr. Jason W. Ellis shares his interdisciplinary research and pedagogy. This blog's focus includes the exploration of science, technology, and cultural issues through science fiction and neuroscientific approaches.
Dr. Ellis is a Marion L. Brittain Postdoctoral Fellow in the School of Literature, Media, and Communication at the Georgia Institute of Technology where he teaches writing and science fiction and innovates new digital pedagogies. Also, he leads the Writing and Communication Program's research and development laboratory, DevLab.
He holds a B.S. in Science, Technology, and Culture from Georgia Tech, a M.A. in Science Fiction Studies from the University of Liverpool, and a Ph.D. in English from Kent State University.
Contact him via email at jason dot ellis at lmc dot gatech dot edu or on Twitter @dynamicsubspace.
Most Recent Posts
- Minireview: The Reconcilers Graphic Novel Volume 1 July 15, 2014
- Second Donation to Georgia Tech Library Archive’s Retrocomputing Lab: Power Macintosh 8500 June 29, 2014
- Inaugural Donation to Georgia Tech Library Archive’s Retrocomputing Lab June 20, 2014
- Atlanta Science Fiction Society Talk on Teaching SF at Georgia Tech, Tomorrow June 13, 2014
- New Job, New Students, and New Friends in New York City June 10, 2014
- Recovered Writing, PhD in English, Dissertation Defense Opening Statement, May 15, 2012 June 9, 2014
- Recovered Writing, PhD in English, Dissertation Paragraph Summaries Before Defense, May 2012 June 6, 2014
- Recovered Writing, Brittain Fellowship, CETL Brown Bag, Writing the Brain: Using Twitter and Storify, Oct. 2, 2013 June 4, 2014
- Recovered Writing, Unpublished Essay, Michael Bay’s Transformers and the New Post-9/11 Science Fiction Film Narrative, 26 March 2009 June 2, 2014
- Recovered Writing, PhD in English, Comprehensive Exam 3 of 3, Fiction of Philip K. Dick, Dr. Donald “Mack” Hassler, 7 June 2010 May 30, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- The United States and Canada Declare War on Japanese Manga and Lolicon
- On Forced Deep Throat in Aliens Vs. Predator Requiem
- Lego Star Wars Mini Sets, TIE Fighter, General Grievous' Starfighter, V-19 Torrent
- Lego Launch Command Sets For Sale
- Lego Star Wars Millennium Falcon 7190 Custom Rebuild
- Steps for Installing Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail in Dualboot Configuration on MacBook Pro Retina 10,1
- Enable TRIM in Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard for Speed and Longer SSD Life
- Gandalf Flies with the Eagles, a Lego MOC with 31004 and 30213
- Lego Star Wars Luke's Landspeeder 8092
- Candas Jane Dorsey's "(Learning About) Machine Sex"
- 366,110 visits
- @MJillella I will not enforce a maximum word limit on the final paper as long as you maintain a unity of thought. #lmc3214 16 hours ago
- RT @SVMelton: yeah that’s right, atlanta wins battle of the nerds laweekly.com/publicspectacl… TAKE THAT SAN DIEGO 21 hours ago
- RT @laurenfklein: Huge news! Congrats! MT @mkgold: @GC_CUNY Awarded Grant for Center for Digital Scholarship & Data Visualization http://t.… 1 day ago
- @alfer907 #lmc3214 The class is at 72%! Getting very close to extra credit. Keep encouraging everyone to complete. cetl.gatech.edu/cios 1 day ago
- RT @alfer907: Anyone still need to do that survey?? #lmc3214 1 day ago
- @Lalysee I had a great semester, too! Thanks for being a part of our dynamic class. Good luck with your future and further SF explorations! 1 day ago
- RT @Lalysee: #lmc3214 @dynamicsubspace Thanks for a great semester, I will never look at SF the same! 1 day ago
- RT @AshaHarris29: Were any of you influenced by SF to become a STEM major? #lmc3214 1 day ago
- RT @Lalysee: I am surprised SF is not used more often by teachers to get students thinking about literature as a commentary on social issue… 1 day ago
- RT @GeorgeTakei: From a fan. How very cheeky. #RoundRobin #GoWest http://t.co/TVsh5SBBbM 1 day ago
Commenting PolicyComments on posts are always appreciated and encouraged. However, I continue to fight spam posts in the comments. When you comment, please be patient, because I choose to moderate comments to combat spam. I approve and respond to comments in as timely a fashion as possible. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.