I was very happy this week to receive a used copy of the Hugo and Nebula Anthology 1993 from Amazon. This early ebook technology by ClariNet is chocked full of content, including a hypertext version of Vernor Vinge’s A Fire Upon the Deep. I will post more about this amazing collection as I explore its depths.
What is Dynamic Subspace?
DynamicSubspace.net is the interdisciplinary blog of Jason W. Ellis, Ph.D. This blog's focus includes the exploration of science, technology, and culture issues through science fiction and neuroscientific approaches.
Dr. Ellis is a Marion L. Brittain Postdoctoral Fellow in the School of Literature, Media, and Communication at the Georgia Institute of Technology. He also serves as the current Vice President of the Science Fiction Research Association (SFRA), the oldest organization devoted to the research and teaching of SF. He holds a B.S. in Science, Technology, and Culture from Georgia Tech, a M.A. in Science Fiction Studies from the University of Liverpool, and a Ph.D. in English from Kent State University.
- Taking a break from Trillion Year Spree to look out the window. Thinking of the tremendous terraforming needed for my 1/3 acre of property. 1 day ago
- Successfully ran Star Trek TNG Interactive Technical Manual on Apple Performa 550 with System 7.1. Unfortunately, on exit, had to force quit 4 days ago
- Clean System 7.1 installation didn't include CD-ROM extension? Installed v5.4 from Apple's Older Software Downloads. info.apple.com/support/olders… 4 days ago
- Interesting but early: Electrical Brain Stimulation Helps People Learn Math Faster wired.com/wiredscience/2… 5 days ago
- @agentivxx I don't necessarily see his revisions as a bad thing, but it seems like there were more stories to tell without starting over. 5 days ago
- @agentivxx Haven't seen Into Darkness yet. Wonder how much more things change from the previous history of the future that we knew as ST:TOS 5 days ago
- @agentivxx I think that it would have to change things. Before Abrams, the Romulans had a stronger position at the negotiating table. 5 days ago
- @agentivxx It was agreed to as part of a peace agreement between the Federation and the Romulans: memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Treaty… 5 days ago
- It is interesting how this Power Macintosh 8500 has the same high decibel vibration problem as my original one. #system755 5 days ago
- RT @slashdot: NeuroGaming Conference Profiles the Rise of Brain-Computer Interfaces bit.ly/1033Ae4 1 week ago
Top Posts & Pages
- 1080p Trouble with Windows 7, Nvidia, and Samsung LCD HDTV
- Safari Web Content Hogging RAM and CPU Time, Thread on Apple Support Communities
- Enable TRIM in Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard for Speed and Longer SSD Life
- On Forced Deep Throat in Aliens Vs. Predator Requiem
- Academic Exchange Quarterly's Publishing Scam
- Lego Launch Command Sets For Sale
- Angela Carter's "The Executioner's Beautiful Daughter"
- Beware of Fake Canon NB-7L Batteries for the G10 and G11 Sold on Amazon Marketplace
- Loud Fans and Adobe Flash on Early 2008 MacBook
- James Tiptree, Jr.'s "The Last Flight of Doctor Ain"
- Lego Star Wars Slave I 8097 with Display
- Morgan Freeman's Through the Wormhole Episode on Consciousness
- 304,464 visits
Commenting PolicyComments on posts are always appreciated and encouraged. However, I continue to fight spam posts in the comments. When you comment, please be patient, because I choose to moderate comments to combat spam. I approve and respond to comments in as timely a fashion as possible. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.