If you are in Atlanta on November 4, 2010 at 11:00am, you should go to the Georgia Tech Barnes and Noble Bookstore, 2nd floor Technology Center, to hear a book talk by Professor Lisa Yaszek and Brittain Fellow Rebekah Sheldon. Prof. Yaszek is going to talk about her role as co-editor of the Practicing Science Fiction: Critical Essays on Writing, Reading and Teaching the Genre anthology in which my essay “Revealing Critical Theory’s Real-Life Potential to Our Students, the Digital Nomads” appears. Sheldon will present on her essay, “Joanna Russ and the Murder of the Female Child: We Who Are About To,” from the anthology.
What is Dynamic Subspace?
DynamicSubspace.net is the interdisciplinary blog of Jason W. Ellis, Ph.D. This blog's focus includes the exploration of science, technology, and culture issues through science fiction and neuroscientific approaches.
Dr. Ellis is a Marion L. Brittain Postdoctoral Fellow in the School of Literature, Media, and Communication at the Georgia Institute of Technology. He also serves as the current Vice President of the Science Fiction Research Association (SFRA), the oldest organization devoted to the research and teaching of SF. He holds a B.S. in Science, Technology, and Culture from Georgia Tech, a M.A. in Science Fiction Studies from the University of Liverpool, and a Ph.D. in English from Kent State University.
- Looks fun: The LEGO® Movie - Official Teaser Trailer [HD] youtu.be/lPnY2NjSjrg 7 minutes ago
- That said, despite seriousness of MoS and ST:ID--their endings cannot cope with the aftermath of imagination of disaster. Mourning? Loss? 1 hour ago
- Man of Steel is the serious science fiction film that I hoped it would be! 1 hour ago
- 3 Former NSA Employees Praise Edward Snowden, Corroborate Key Claims - Atlantic Mobile theatlantic.com/politics/archi… 8 hours ago
- Revising essay on Philip K Dick's VALIS. Recently watched Abram's Lost. Rich correspondence, intertextuality, & inspiration. 8 hours ago
- @holasmitha Thanks, Smitha! I have debated doing this for too long. It is encouraging to hear your experience. I need that relief : ) 10 hours ago
- @602E21 Thanks for the heads-up, Abhinav! 10 hours ago
- Social disconnection: Facebook basic and extended data downloaded. Next step: facebook.com/help/224562897… 10 hours ago
- "Our lives are threatened less by the Taliban in Afghanistan than by unregulated contaminants at home." nyti.ms/SjcjFX 11 hours ago
- Great photo: Paperback Version of 'Steve Jobs' Biography Coming September 10 with Younger Jobs on Cover macrumors.com/2013/06/17/pap… 1 day ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Safari Web Content Hogging RAM and CPU Time, Thread on Apple Support Communities
- Lego Launch Command Sets For Sale
- The United States and Canada Declare War on Japanese Manga and Lolicon
- 1080p Trouble with Windows 7, Nvidia, and Samsung LCD HDTV
- Angela Carter's "The Executioner's Beautiful Daughter"
- On Forced Deep Throat in Aliens Vs. Predator Requiem
- Lego Star Wars Millennium Falcon 4504
- Lego Star Wars Slave I 8097 with Display
- Enable TRIM in Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard for Speed and Longer SSD Life
- Lego Brain and Other Older Lego Advertisements
- 308,271 visits
Commenting PolicyComments on posts are always appreciated and encouraged. However, I continue to fight spam posts in the comments. When you comment, please be patient, because I choose to moderate comments to combat spam. I approve and respond to comments in as timely a fashion as possible. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.