Rob Malda (aka CmdrTaco), the founder of Slashdot.org, resigned from Slashdot yesterday. Slashdot has been a go-to daily read for me for at least ten years. Many thanks to Rob for kickstarting such a wonderful blog about technology, science, online rights, and a bit more. Leave your thank yous and kind regards to Rob in this thread.
What is Dynamic Subspace?
DynamicSubspace.net is the interdisciplinary blog of Jason W. Ellis, Ph.D. This blog's focus includes the exploration of science, technology, and culture issues through science fiction and neuroscientific approaches.
Dr. Ellis is a Marion L. Brittain Postdoctoral Fellow in the School of Literature, Media, and Communication at the Georgia Institute of Technology. He also serves as the current Vice President of the Science Fiction Research Association (SFRA), the oldest organization devoted to the research and teaching of SF. He holds a B.S. in Science, Technology, and Culture from Georgia Tech, a M.A. in Science Fiction Studies from the University of Liverpool, and a Ph.D. in English from Kent State University.
- Great photo: Paperback Version of 'Steve Jobs' Biography Coming September 10 with Younger Jobs on Cover macrumors.com/2013/06/17/pap… 10 hours ago
- Fred Nadis: Too Freakish a Place - Ray Palmer and the Invention of "Psi-Fi" huff.to/19uWqnJ via @HuffPostBooks 13 hours ago
- Interesting book on early SF Editor: The Man from Mars: Ray Palmer's Amazing Pulp Journey by Fred Nadis amazon.com/dp/039916054X/… 16 hours ago
- RT @rebeccaburnett: Pedagogy and Digital Media: Educators, please stop confusing media literacy with ed tech. huff.to/Wdxv0r @HuffP… 16 hours ago
- University of Liverpool admin plans to fire 3000 staff and rehire for less $ with more work. Tell admin: NO! Sign: ucu.org.uk/liverpool_dism… 1 day ago
- Why hasn't Apple updated its Mac OS X Security Configuration Guides since Snow Leopard v10.6? ssl.apple.com/support/securi… 1 day ago
- Advice on hardening Apple's Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion. mostlysecure.blogspot.com/2012/09/harden… 1 day ago
- "NSA admits listening to U.S. phone calls without warrants." Rep. Jerrold Nadler: "I was rather startled." cnet.co/1ag0FCy via @CNET 1 day ago
- Who needs to be informed? "More than half of US senators skipped confidential briefing on NSA surveillance" mobile.theverge.com/2013/6/15/4433… 1 day ago
- Great instructions for installing Ubuntu on Retina Macbook Pro. randomtutor.blogspot.com/2013/02/instal… 2 days ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Lego Launch Command Sets For Sale
- Safari Web Content Hogging RAM and CPU Time, Thread on Apple Support Communities
- Angela Carter's "The Executioner's Beautiful Daughter"
- The United States and Canada Declare War on Japanese Manga and Lolicon
- On Forced Deep Throat in Aliens Vs. Predator Requiem
- 1080p Trouble with Windows 7, Nvidia, and Samsung LCD HDTV
- Academic Exchange Quarterly's Publishing Scam
- Lego Star Wars Millennium Falcon 4504
- Reading List for PhD Major Exam on 20th Century American Literature
- Poor Man's MacBook to MacBook Air Hack
- 308,158 visits
Commenting PolicyComments on posts are always appreciated and encouraged. However, I continue to fight spam posts in the comments. When you comment, please be patient, because I choose to moderate comments to combat spam. I approve and respond to comments in as timely a fashion as possible. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.