Rob Malda (aka CmdrTaco), the founder of Slashdot.org, resigned from Slashdot yesterday. Slashdot has been a go-to daily read for me for at least ten years. Many thanks to Rob for kickstarting such a wonderful blog about technology, science, online rights, and a bit more. Leave your thank yous and kind regards to Rob in this thread.
What is Dynamic Subspace?
On DynamicSubspace.net, Dr. Jason W. Ellis shares his interdisciplinary research and pedagogy. This blog's focus includes the exploration of science, technology, and cultural issues through science fiction and neuroscientific approaches.
Dr. Ellis is a Marion L. Brittain Postdoctoral Fellow in the School of Literature, Media, and Communication at the Georgia Institute of Technology where he teaches writing and science fiction and innovates new digital pedagogies. Also, he leads the Writing and Communication Program's research and development laboratory, DevLab.
He holds a B.S. in Science, Technology, and Culture from Georgia Tech, a M.A. in Science Fiction Studies from the University of Liverpool, and a Ph.D. in English from Kent State University.
Contact him via email at jason dot ellis at lmc dot gatech dot edu or on Twitter @dynamicsubspace.
Most Recent Posts
- Recovered Writing, PhD in English, Queer Studies, Summary of Elizabeth Freeman’s “Packing History, Count(er)ing Generations,” April 15, 2008 April 23, 2014
- Recovered Writing, PhD in English, Queer Studies, Summary of Chandan Reddy’s “Asian Diasporas, Neoliberalism, and Family,” April 8, 2008 April 21, 2014
- Recovered Writing, PhD in English, Queer Studies, Eric Clarke’s “The Citizen’s Sexual Shadow,” March 2, 2008 April 18, 2014
- Recovered Writing, PhD in English, Queer Studies, Summary of Eric Clarke’s “Visibility at the Limits of Inclusion,” Feb. 26, 2008 April 16, 2014
- Recovered Writing, PhD in English, Queer Studies, Presentation on Judith Butler’s “Imitation and Gender Insubordination” and Introduction to Bodies That Matter Feb. 6, 2008 April 14, 2014
- Recovered Writing, PhD in English, Queer Studies, Summary of Foucault, The History of Sexuality, Vol. 1, Parts 3 and 4, January 29, 2008 April 11, 2014
- How to Build a Sparring Lightsaber with Parts from Home Depot and Spare Parts (with thoughts on learning and haptics) April 9, 2014
- Recovered Writing: PhD in English, Independent Study with Mack Hassler, Literary Characters, Online Persona, and Science Fiction Scholars: A Polemic, Dec. 9, 2008 April 9, 2014
- Support Files for My Module of DevLab Social Media Pedagogy and Assignments Workshop April 8, 2014
- Recovered Writing: PhD in English, Independent Study with Mack Hassler, David Foster Wallace, Philip K. Dick, and Transgressive Parody, Sept. 28, 2008 April 7, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Steps for Installing Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail in Dualboot Configuration on MacBook Pro Retina 10,1
- James Tiptree, Jr.'s "The Last Flight of Doctor Ain"
- Lego Launch Command Sets For Sale
- Gandalf Flies with the Eagles, a Lego MOC with 31004 and 30213
- Reading List for PhD Major Exam on 20th Century American Literature
- Enable TRIM in Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard for Speed and Longer SSD Life
- On Forced Deep Throat in Aliens Vs. Predator Requiem
- Paul J. McAuley's "Karl and the Ogre"
- John W. Campbell's "Night"
- Homebuilt UHF Antenna for HDTV Reception
- 355,926 visits
- RT @adelinekoh: the FCC just sold out the internet and abandoned net neutrality. @suey_park this is important!!! salon.com/2014/04/23/the… 1 hour ago
- RT @levjoy: Feeling hopeless about FCC decision on #NetNeutrality? Don't! Here are some ways you can take action: savetheinternet.com/what-can-i-do 1 hour ago
- "FCC planning new Internet rules that will gut Net Neutrality. Get ready to pay more for the stuff you love online" boingboing.net/2014/04/23/fcc… 10 hours ago
- RT @wwwtxt: Never in my entire life have I been left so totally awestruck and speechless as I was tonight at the launch of the Commodore Am… 12 hours ago
- RT @mkirschenbaum: Lost ANDY WARHOL computer-generated images recovered from Amiga floppies at CMU: studioforcreativeinquiry.org/events/warhol-… #archives #media… 14 hours ago
- RT @GTLibrary: Massage therapists on duty in the Library! #deadweek #onlyattech #georgiatech @ Georgia Tech Library instagram.com/p/nJrWWXqpnM/ 14 hours ago
- RT @slashdot: F.C.C., In Net Neutrality Turnaround, Plans To Allow Fast Lane bit.ly/1iNufUS 14 hours ago
- RT @GTLibrary: StressBUZZters is BACK! Come to 2West at 7pm for FREE snacks, drinks, chair massages, and tips on how… instagram.com/p/nJlDAsqpvq/ 14 hours ago
- RT @robincamille: News: FCC to screw net neutrality ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) nytimes.com/2014/04/24/tec… — Opinion: the internet is a utility http://t.co/fLztHn… 15 hours ago
- RT @EFF: The NSA shouldn't be spying on millions of innocent people. Join us in telling Congress to end mass surveillance. https://t.co/NE… 15 hours ago
Commenting PolicyComments on posts are always appreciated and encouraged. However, I continue to fight spam posts in the comments. When you comment, please be patient, because I choose to moderate comments to combat spam. I approve and respond to comments in as timely a fashion as possible. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.