Rob Malda (aka CmdrTaco), the founder of Slashdot.org, resigned from Slashdot yesterday. Slashdot has been a go-to daily read for me for at least ten years. Many thanks to Rob for kickstarting such a wonderful blog about technology, science, online rights, and a bit more. Leave your thank yous and kind regards to Rob in this thread.
What is Dynamic Subspace?
On DynamicSubspace.net, Dr. Jason W. Ellis shares his interdisciplinary research and pedagogy. This blog's focus includes the exploration of science, technology, and cultural issues through science fiction and neuroscientific approaches.
Dr. Ellis is a Marion L. Brittain Postdoctoral Fellow in the School of Literature, Media, and Communication at the Georgia Institute of Technology where he teaches writing and science fiction and innovates new digital pedagogies. Also, he leads the Writing and Communication Program's research and development laboratory, DevLab.
He holds a B.S. in Science, Technology, and Culture from Georgia Tech, a M.A. in Science Fiction Studies from the University of Liverpool, and a Ph.D. in English from Kent State University.
Contact him via email at jason dot ellis at lmc dot gatech dot edu or on Twitter @dynamicsubspace.
Most Recent Posts
- Minireview: The Reconcilers Graphic Novel Volume 1 July 15, 2014
- Second Donation to Georgia Tech Library Archive’s Retrocomputing Lab: Power Macintosh 8500 June 29, 2014
- Inaugural Donation to Georgia Tech Library Archive’s Retrocomputing Lab June 20, 2014
- Atlanta Science Fiction Society Talk on Teaching SF at Georgia Tech, Tomorrow June 13, 2014
- New Job, New Students, and New Friends in New York City June 10, 2014
- Recovered Writing, PhD in English, Dissertation Defense Opening Statement, May 15, 2012 June 9, 2014
- Recovered Writing, PhD in English, Dissertation Paragraph Summaries Before Defense, May 2012 June 6, 2014
- Recovered Writing, Brittain Fellowship, CETL Brown Bag, Writing the Brain: Using Twitter and Storify, Oct. 2, 2013 June 4, 2014
- Recovered Writing, Unpublished Essay, Michael Bay’s Transformers and the New Post-9/11 Science Fiction Film Narrative, 26 March 2009 June 2, 2014
- Recovered Writing, PhD in English, Comprehensive Exam 3 of 3, Fiction of Philip K. Dick, Dr. Donald “Mack” Hassler, 7 June 2010 May 30, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- How to Build a Sparring Lightsaber with Parts from Home Depot and Spare Parts (with thoughts on learning and haptics)
- 1080p Trouble with Windows 7, Nvidia, and Samsung LCD HDTV
- Lego Star Wars Millennium Falcon 7190 Custom Rebuild
- Lego Launch Command Sets For Sale
- Lego Star Wars Millennium Falcon 4504
- Safari Web Content Hogging RAM and CPU Time, Thread on Apple Support Communities
- Enable TRIM in Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard for Speed and Longer SSD Life
- Steps for Installing Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail in Dualboot Configuration on MacBook Pro Retina 10,1
- Lego Power Functions and Building a Remote Controlled Robot
- My Desktop Before Snow Leopard Install
- 365,918 visits
- TwitterAudit is a neat tool for gauging how many of your followers are real. Will use in class. twitteraudit.com/dynamicsubspace #twitteraudit 41 minutes ago
- Re: Facebook and OKCupid: Is the internet now just one big human experiment? | Dan Gillmor gu.com/p/4vay6/tw via @guardian 49 minutes ago
- RT @EverythingNYC: Beastie Boys "Paul's Boutique" Mural Painted In NYC's LES massappeal.com/beastie-boys-p… http://t.co/7YGAvB98qS 52 minutes ago
- Re: Facebook and OKCupid. Erosion of distinction between testing services and experimenting on people. EULA =\= informed consent. 2 hours ago
- RT @BBCWorld: Dating website OKCupid reveals experiments on users by putting "wrong" people together to see if they would connect http://t.… 2 hours ago
- @alfer907 Sure but don't let that take too many words away from your argument. Depends on number of authors you mention. 3 hours ago
- @Jimmy_PotsnPans @RoverTech1 Definitely in the realm of the possible. 3 hours ago
- @EllenSkelton1 No need to buy biz account. Publish Story. Go to it. Scroll down and load all tweets. Export/print PDF w/ browser. #lmc3214 3 hours ago
- RT @AshaHarris29: “@RoverTech1: Great book in the archives for anyone writing on Feminist SF #lmc3214 http://t.co/ACIvA8aFB9” nice I'm intr… 12 hours ago
- RT @RoverTech1: Great book in the archives for anyone writing on Feminist SF #lmc3214 http://t.co/9hppuxURcl 12 hours ago
Commenting PolicyComments on posts are always appreciated and encouraged. However, I continue to fight spam posts in the comments. When you comment, please be patient, because I choose to moderate comments to combat spam. I approve and respond to comments in as timely a fashion as possible. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.