Rob Malda (aka CmdrTaco), the founder of Slashdot.org, resigned from Slashdot yesterday. Slashdot has been a go-to daily read for me for at least ten years. Many thanks to Rob for kickstarting such a wonderful blog about technology, science, online rights, and a bit more. Leave your thank yous and kind regards to Rob in this thread.
What is Dynamic Subspace?
On DynamicSubspace.net, Dr. Jason W. Ellis shares his interdisciplinary research and pedagogy. This blog's focus includes the exploration of science, technology, and cultural issues through science fiction and neuroscientific approaches.
Dr. Ellis is a Marion L. Brittain Postdoctoral Fellow in the School of Literature, Media, and Communication at the Georgia Institute of Technology where he teaches writing and science fiction and innovates new digital pedagogies. Also, he leads the Writing and Communication Program's research and development laboratory, DevLab.
He holds a B.S. in Science, Technology, and Culture from Georgia Tech, a M.A. in Science Fiction Studies from the University of Liverpool, and a Ph.D. in English from Kent State University.
Contact him via email at jason dot ellis at lmc dot gatech dot edu or on Twitter @dynamicsubspace.
Most Recent Posts
- Recovered Writing, PhD in English, Queer Studies, Eric Clarke’s “The Citizen’s Sexual Shadow,” March 2, 2008 April 18, 2014
- Recovered Writing, PhD in English, Queer Studies, Summary of Eric Clarke’s “Visibility at the Limits of Inclusion,” Feb. 26, 2008 April 16, 2014
- Recovered Writing, PhD in English, Queer Studies, Presentation on Judith Butler’s “Imitation and Gender Insubordination” and Introduction to Bodies That Matter Feb. 6, 2008 April 14, 2014
- Recovered Writing, PhD in English, Queer Studies, Summary of Foucault, The History of Sexuality, Vol. 1, Parts 3 and 4, January 29, 2008 April 11, 2014
- How to Build a Sparring Lightsaber with Parts from Home Depot and Spare Parts (with thoughts on learning and haptics) April 9, 2014
- Recovered Writing: PhD in English, Independent Study with Mack Hassler, Literary Characters, Online Persona, and Science Fiction Scholars: A Polemic, Dec. 9, 2008 April 9, 2014
- Support Files for My Module of DevLab Social Media Pedagogy and Assignments Workshop April 8, 2014
- Recovered Writing: PhD in English, Independent Study with Mack Hassler, David Foster Wallace, Philip K. Dick, and Transgressive Parody, Sept. 28, 2008 April 7, 2014
- Recovered Writing: PhD in English, Independent Study with Mack Hassler, On Percy Bysshe Shelley’s “The Necessity of Atheism,” Sept. 17, 2008 April 4, 2014
- Interview with Producer, Writer, and Director of the 1977 Educational Children’s TV Show “Space Station L-4,” Paul Lally, Oct. 3, 2013 April 3, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Steps for Installing Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail in Dualboot Configuration on MacBook Pro Retina 10,1
- Lego Launch Command Sets For Sale
- On Forced Deep Throat in Aliens Vs. Predator Requiem
- 1080p Trouble with Windows 7, Nvidia, and Samsung LCD HDTV
- Enable TRIM in Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard for Speed and Longer SSD Life
- Michael Swanwick's "The Very Pulse of the Machine"
- Safari Web Content Hogging RAM and CPU Time, Thread on Apple Support Communities
- Followup to Adventures with a CustoMac: Installing Mac OS X Mavericks on Asus P8Z77-V PC
- Candas Jane Dorsey's "(Learning About) Machine Sex"
- Lego Star Wars Millennium Falcon 4504
- 355,160 visits
- @ekane610 First class, looks but no questions. Second class, lots of questions and discussion. Tech Comm, looks and questions after class. 2 hours ago
- @agentivxx These are cool, dude! Time Machine could be a 3/4 view Delorean, too ;) 2 hours ago
- Google Glass & iPhone 4S charging at home now. Strange: intense deja vu looking at Glass lying upside down. Only had Glass since 930am. 2 hours ago
- First day of wearing Google Glass around Georgia Tech was a success. It's not a big deal to wear all day. Still learning. Monitoring data. 2 hours ago
- Having Twitter for Google Glass activated seemed to kill voice recognition. Disabled. Okay. Ok, Glass. Google cats. text-to-speech wikipedia 7 hours ago
- @ekane610 In class. Saying nothing. Everything is normal. http://t.co/ZO0k8FNaSp 9 hours ago
- @ekane610 Today's task: get used to having this thing strapped to my head : ) 9 hours ago
- Received Google Glass this morning. Calibrating. Learning. Exploring. 10 hours ago
- RT @YugawaSensei: @dynamicsubspace Here's to you! “@BuzzFeed: 24 Mind-Blowing Ways To Eat Chicken And Waffles bzfd.it/1j8XLlu http:/… 10 hours ago
- Recovered Writing, PhD in English, Queer Studies, Eric Clarke’s “The Citizen’s Sexual Shadow,” March 2,@2008 wp.me/p3Tri-1jU 10 hours ago
Commenting PolicyComments on posts are always appreciated and encouraged. However, I continue to fight spam posts in the comments. When you comment, please be patient, because I choose to moderate comments to combat spam. I approve and respond to comments in as timely a fashion as possible. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.