Rob Malda (aka CmdrTaco), the founder of Slashdot.org, resigned from Slashdot yesterday. Slashdot has been a go-to daily read for me for at least ten years. Many thanks to Rob for kickstarting such a wonderful blog about technology, science, online rights, and a bit more. Leave your thank yous and kind regards to Rob in this thread.
What is Dynamic Subspace?
On DynamicSubspace.net, Dr. Jason W. Ellis shares his interdisciplinary research and pedagogy. This blog's focus includes the exploration of science, technology, and cultural issues through science fiction and neuroscientific approaches.
Dr. Ellis is an Assistant Professor of English at the New York City College of Technology (City Tech) where he currently teaches college writing and technical communication.
He holds a B.S. in Science, Technology, and Culture from Georgia Tech, a M.A. in Science Fiction Studies from the University of Liverpool, and a Ph.D. in English from Kent State University.
Contact him via email at jellis at citytech.cuny.edu or on Twitter @dynamicsubspace.
Most Recent Posts
- Science Fiction, LMC3214, Summer 2014: Exploring Cultural Connections Through Haptics and LEGO August 23, 2014
- Minireview: The Reconcilers Graphic Novel Volume 1 July 15, 2014
- Second Donation to Georgia Tech Library Archive’s Retrocomputing Lab: Power Macintosh 8500 June 29, 2014
- Inaugural Donation to Georgia Tech Library Archive’s Retrocomputing Lab June 20, 2014
- Atlanta Science Fiction Society Talk on Teaching SF at Georgia Tech, Tomorrow June 13, 2014
- New Job, New Students, and New Friends in New York City June 10, 2014
- Recovered Writing, PhD in English, Dissertation Defense Opening Statement, May 15, 2012 June 9, 2014
- Recovered Writing, PhD in English, Dissertation Paragraph Summaries Before Defense, May 2012 June 6, 2014
- Recovered Writing, Brittain Fellowship, CETL Brown Bag, Writing the Brain: Using Twitter and Storify, Oct. 2, 2013 June 4, 2014
- Recovered Writing, Unpublished Essay, Michael Bay’s Transformers and the New Post-9/11 Science Fiction Film Narrative, 26 March 2009 June 2, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- How to Build a Sparring Lightsaber with Parts from Home Depot and Spare Parts (with thoughts on learning and haptics)
- Safari Web Content Hogging RAM and CPU Time, Thread on Apple Support Communities
- Lego Launch Command Sets For Sale
- Lego Brain and Other Older Lego Advertisements
- Steps for Installing Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail in Dualboot Configuration on MacBook Pro Retina 10,1
- 2 Days Left on VFX1 Headgear Virtual Reality System eBay Auction
- Before and After: Witus van de Merwe and District 9
- Lego Star Wars Slave I 8097 with Display
- Notes from the State of Black Science Fiction Film Festival 2013
- The United States and Canada Declare War on Japanese Manga and Lolicon
- 369,785 visits
- RT @GTLibrary: Got old technology? Loan it to us for the 'retroTECH exhibit' at the Library! p1.gatech.edu/news/retrotech… #retroTECHgt http://t.… 3 hours ago
- @agentivxx @Gizmodo Thanks for the heads-up! 4 hours ago
- RT @agentivxx: @dynamicsubspace RT @Gizmodo: Don't put iOS 8 on your iPhone 4S: gizmo.do/5smdVL0 http://t.co/61hOelK4wN 4 hours ago
- RT @andrea_roberts: Announcement-New Faculty Position | in Atlanta, Georgia at the Women's Studies Department, Emory... http://t.co/S3Vq0Kw… 8 hours ago
- @agentivxx It's "compatible" ;-) There are many ways to interpret that word. 21 hours ago
- @agentivxx I might be a techno-masochist when it comes to installing software on unintended hardware, but even I have my limits w/ iPhone 4S 21 hours ago
- @agentivxx @kfury We lusted after OS-support for UI themes. Aaron, and later, Kaledeidoscope filled the gap. kaleidoscope.net/greg/aaron.html 22 hours ago
- RT @LaurenRLife: My library has dedicated Star Wars and Star Trek sections. #IACperks @gtliberalarts @gtlibrary instagram.com/p/tBa93yFV2p/ 22 hours ago
- RT @techdirt: Conan Doyle Estate Asks Supreme Court To Put Sherlock Holmes Back Under Copyright goo.gl/fb/O5tYJY 1 day ago
- RT @CityTechNews: This Thursday at City Tech: Hispanic Heritage Celebration fb.me/2pqSnuTXJ 1 day ago
Commenting PolicyComments on posts are always appreciated and encouraged. However, I continue to fight spam posts in the comments. When you comment, please be patient, because I choose to moderate comments to combat spam. I approve and respond to comments in as timely a fashion as possible. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.