Rob Malda (aka CmdrTaco), the founder of Slashdot.org, resigned from Slashdot yesterday. Slashdot has been a go-to daily read for me for at least ten years. Many thanks to Rob for kickstarting such a wonderful blog about technology, science, online rights, and a bit more. Leave your thank yous and kind regards to Rob in this thread.
What is Dynamic Subspace?
On DynamicSubspace.net, Dr. Jason W. Ellis shares his interdisciplinary research and pedagogy. This blog's focus includes the exploration of science, technology, and cultural issues through science fiction and neuroscientific approaches.
Dr. Ellis is a Marion L. Brittain Postdoctoral Fellow in the School of Literature, Media, and Communication at the Georgia Institute of Technology where he teaches writing and science fiction and innovates new digital pedagogies. Also, he leads the Writing and Communication Program's research and development laboratory, DevLab.
He holds a B.S. in Science, Technology, and Culture from Georgia Tech, a M.A. in Science Fiction Studies from the University of Liverpool, and a Ph.D. in English from Kent State University.
Contact him via email at jason dot ellis at lmc dot gatech dot edu or on Twitter @dynamicsubspace.
- @agentivxx I haven't seen that exactly. Id3 tag issue? 2 hours ago
- Photo to accompany last tweet: been having my share of IT problems today. http://t.co/vjWpcyduag 6 hours ago
- Rainy beginning. Sunny endings. Days get better at Georgia Tech. 6 hours ago
- RT @agentivxx: @dynamicsubspace Yet, they don't realize that it's actually just as brand specific and locked as iOS. U root an android, jai… 12 hours ago
- @agentivxx Rage against the monopolized machine: you should use products how you want | Dan Gillmor theguardian.com/commentisfree/… 12 hours ago
- @agentivxx I have done everything that I can to make iOS 7 as featureless as iOS 6. Even done nuke-and-pave. No apps. New battery = old batt 13 hours ago
- @agentivxx Put another way, we have a right to control things we BUY. DRM on bits and hardware is anti-consumer and flat out wrong. 13 hours ago
- @agentivxx Apple should give us the power to reinstall earlier operating systems on our phones just like we can on our computers. 13 hours ago
- @agentivxx That's actually slick. I replaced the battery in my iPhone 4S, but iOS 7 kills it deader than a doornail faster than it should. 13 hours ago
- RT @agentivxx: @dynamicsubspace High latency did kill the video star, FYI. 13 hours ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Steps for Installing Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail in Dualboot Configuration on MacBook Pro Retina 10,1
- Enable TRIM in Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard for Speed and Longer SSD Life
- 1080p Trouble with Windows 7, Nvidia, and Samsung LCD HDTV
- Safari Web Content Hogging RAM and CPU Time, Thread on Apple Support Communities
- On Forced Deep Throat in Aliens Vs. Predator Requiem
- Lego Star Wars Millennium Falcon 4504
- New Pictures of Custom Display Stand for Star Wars Lego Slave I 8097
- Lego Launch Command Sets For Sale
- Recovered Writing: Undergraduate Postcolonialism Final Paper, Identity and History in Salman Rushdie's Midnight's Children, Fall 2004
- John W. Campbell's "Night"
- 348,330 visits
Commenting PolicyComments on posts are always appreciated and encouraged. However, I continue to fight spam posts in the comments. When you comment, please be patient, because I choose to moderate comments to combat spam. I approve and respond to comments in as timely a fashion as possible. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.