Rob Malda (aka CmdrTaco), the founder of Slashdot.org, resigned from Slashdot yesterday. Slashdot has been a go-to daily read for me for at least ten years. Many thanks to Rob for kickstarting such a wonderful blog about technology, science, online rights, and a bit more. Leave your thank yous and kind regards to Rob in this thread.
Most Recent Posts
- 2015 Science Fiction Research Association Conference Wrap-Up June 29, 2015
- My SFRA 2015 Conference Presentation: The Cyberspace Deck as a Mechanism: Gibson’s Sprawl Trilogy as a Voyager Expanded Book June 25, 2015
- Social Media Workshop on Professionalization and Pedagogy, May 12, 2015, 3:00-4:00PM May 12, 2015
- Spring Recess 2015: Reading, Exploring, and Making April 12, 2015
- A List in Progress: Neuroscience and Science Fiction Literature April 2, 2015
- An Entreaty to Gamergate: Giving Ourselves Permission to Change for an Inclusive Video Game Culture February 11, 2015
- An Idea for Aggregation of Student Online Artifacts Using Visual Rendering and Metadata Collection January 12, 2015
- Transformations of ‘Cyberspace’ Across Media: My Poster for 12th Annual City Tech Poster Session November 20, 2014
- Personal Reflection and Improved Battery Life on iPhone 4S with iOS 8 (Hint: It’s about Twitter and Technology Use) October 14, 2014
- Writing Advice From Neil Gaiman and Bruce Campbell, Written on My Old Powerbook G4, 2005 October 2, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- 2015 Science Fiction Research Association Conference Wrap-Up
- On Forced Deep Throat in Aliens Vs. Predator Requiem
- How to Build a Sparring Lightsaber with Parts from Home Depot and Spare Parts (with thoughts on learning and haptics)
- Neil Gaiman's "How to Talk to Girls at Parties"
- Homebuilt UHF Antenna for HDTV Reception
- Safari Web Content Hogging RAM and CPU Time, Thread on Apple Support Communities
- Academic Exchange Quarterly's Publishing Scam
- Sonya Dorman Hess' "When I Was Miss Dow"
- Solution to 64bit Kernel on Late-2008 MacBooks
- Cordwainer Smith's "Alpha Ralpha Boulevard"
- 407,618 visits
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.