Rob Malda (aka CmdrTaco), the founder of Slashdot.org, resigned from Slashdot yesterday. Slashdot has been a go-to daily read for me for at least ten years. Many thanks to Rob for kickstarting such a wonderful blog about technology, science, online rights, and a bit more. Leave your thank yous and kind regards to Rob in this thread.
What is Dynamic Subspace?
On DynamicSubspace.net, Dr. Jason W. Ellis shares his interdisciplinary research and pedagogy. This blog's focus includes the exploration of science, technology, and cultural issues through science fiction and neuroscientific approaches.
Dr. Ellis is a Marion L. Brittain Postdoctoral Fellow in the School of Literature, Media, and Communication at the Georgia Institute of Technology where he teaches writing and science fiction and innovates new digital pedagogies. Also, he leads the Writing and Communication Program's research and development laboratory, DevLab.
He holds a B.S. in Science, Technology, and Culture from Georgia Tech, a M.A. in Science Fiction Studies from the University of Liverpool, and a Ph.D. in English from Kent State University.
Contact him via email at jason dot ellis at lmc dot gatech dot edu or on Twitter @dynamicsubspace.
Most Recent Posts
- Minireview: The Reconcilers Graphic Novel Volume 1 July 15, 2014
- Second Donation to Georgia Tech Library Archive’s Retrocomputing Lab: Power Macintosh 8500 June 29, 2014
- Inaugural Donation to Georgia Tech Library Archive’s Retrocomputing Lab June 20, 2014
- Atlanta Science Fiction Society Talk on Teaching SF at Georgia Tech, Tomorrow June 13, 2014
- New Job, New Students, and New Friends in New York City June 10, 2014
- Recovered Writing, PhD in English, Dissertation Defense Opening Statement, May 15, 2012 June 9, 2014
- Recovered Writing, PhD in English, Dissertation Paragraph Summaries Before Defense, May 2012 June 6, 2014
- Recovered Writing, Brittain Fellowship, CETL Brown Bag, Writing the Brain: Using Twitter and Storify, Oct. 2, 2013 June 4, 2014
- Recovered Writing, Unpublished Essay, Michael Bay’s Transformers and the New Post-9/11 Science Fiction Film Narrative, 26 March 2009 June 2, 2014
- Recovered Writing, PhD in English, Comprehensive Exam 3 of 3, Fiction of Philip K. Dick, Dr. Donald “Mack” Hassler, 7 June 2010 May 30, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Safari Web Content Hogging RAM and CPU Time, Thread on Apple Support Communities
- On Forced Deep Throat in Aliens Vs. Predator Requiem
- Lego Launch Command Sets For Sale
- Lego Star Wars Millennium Falcon 4504
- Steps for Installing Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail in Dualboot Configuration on MacBook Pro Retina 10,1
- Gandalf Flies with the Eagles, a Lego MOC with 31004 and 30213
- Academic Exchange Quarterly's Publishing Scam
- Powers Gaming's Texas Battlefield 3 LAN Party and the Practices of Re-Inscribing Misogyny Through Sexism
- I Finally Got Around to Writing My First Amazon.com Review: Heather Masri's Science Fiction Stories and Contexts
- Further Musings on Avatar: The Na'vi Aren't As Primitive As We May Think
- 365,606 visits
- RT @riskprophet: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regressio… this can be applied to advancement in technology. It's a regression model which expresses variance … 6 hours ago
- @Jimmy_PotsnPans Thanks for the info. I'll pass it along in an email tomorrow to class. #lmc3214 6 hours ago
- RT @Jimmy_PotsnPans: @dynamicsubspace Twitter search segregates regular tweets from tweets that exist as replies. Suggest #lmc3214 students… 6 hours ago
- RT @Jimmy_PotsnPans: @dynamicsubspace I'm gonna figure out a more workable solution. Time to look at the twitter search api 6 hours ago
- @Jimmy_PotsnPans not perfect but I'm okay with that if you are okay with that. I can search for number of #lmc3214 mentions easily. 9 hours ago
- RT @tobysr92: Alrighty well I think this is my last tweet before submission. Thanks for the class everyone and @dynamicsubspace. Goodbye #l… 9 hours ago
- @Jimmy_PotsnPans You can also go to your twitter page > Me > keep scrolling until all tweets appear on 1 page > Print/Export to PDF #lmc3214 11 hours ago
- Nap on a hot summer day. http://t.co/AQRQvoRGvJ 16 hours ago
- RT @robincamille: I'm at the Computer History Museum! So excited!! I read about Space War in my digital preservation class! http://t.co/inx… 16 hours ago
- Liberace was here http://t.co/gqOqa7ziwg 16 hours ago
Commenting PolicyComments on posts are always appreciated and encouraged. However, I continue to fight spam posts in the comments. When you comment, please be patient, because I choose to moderate comments to combat spam. I approve and respond to comments in as timely a fashion as possible. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.