Georgia Tech’s Writing and Communication Program’s Media and Communication Committee, also known as DevLab, is an important advisory and participatory committee focused on innovating digital pedagogy and supporting the digital pedagogy of Brittain Fellows, other WCP Committees, and the program in general.
For 2013-2014, I invite all Brittain Fellows to join the DevLab. As a member of the DevLab Committee, you will have opportunities to:
- serve as programmatic leaders in recommending new digital pedagogy for the curriculum and classroom
- explore, develop, and implement innovative approaches to digital pedagogy
- support the digital pedagogy needs of Brittain Fellows
- work with other committees in ways that support digital pedagogy
- coordinate digital pedagogy training and recommend other training resources
- maintain and promote the resources available in the DevLab, including the DevLab space in the Stephen C. Hall Building, collaborative workbench, our Mac and PC computer cluster, printers, tablets, cameras, recording equipment, X-Box System, and more)
- use and help others use the DevLab in creative ways
All Brittain Fellows are encouraged to join the DevLab. Tech savvy and less-than-tech-savvy Britts are equally invited to join. In fact, the DevLab is a terrific opportunity to learn more about digital pedagogy and to share what you learn with others.
It is my goal as the chair of DevLab to provide all members with interesting and useful professional experiences. Together, we will define our goals and deliverables for the upcoming year.
The WCP will send around a Google Form soon about joining programmatic committees. Consider adding DevLab as one of your choices.
Feel free to contact me at jason.ellis at lmc.gatech.edu to let me know that you would like to join or to ask a question. Even for those Britts who decide not to join DevLab, I would like to encourage you to email me with your digital pedagogy ideas and your requests for training or equipment.