Browse over to Night Shade Books’ download page here and download Ted Chiang’s Hugo-nominated short story, “Exhalation,” in your favorite format flavor. There’s also some other great reading there including Walter Jon William’s “The Green Leopard Plague,” and Andy Duncan’s “Unique Chicken Goes in Reverse.” Also, there are novels by Jon Armstrong and Richard Kadrey. Run, don’t walk!
What is Dynamic Subspace?
On DynamicSubspace.net, Dr. Jason W. Ellis shares his interdisciplinary research and pedagogy. This blog's focus includes the exploration of science, technology, and cultural issues through science fiction and neuroscientific approaches.
Dr. Ellis is a Marion L. Brittain Postdoctoral Fellow in the School of Literature, Media, and Communication at the Georgia Institute of Technology where he teaches writing and science fiction and innovates new digital pedagogies. Also, he leads the Writing and Communication Program's research and development laboratory, DevLab.
He holds a B.S. in Science, Technology, and Culture from Georgia Tech, a M.A. in Science Fiction Studies from the University of Liverpool, and a Ph.D. in English from Kent State University.
Contact him via email at jason dot ellis at lmc dot gatech dot edu or on Twitter @dynamicsubspace.
Most Recent Posts
- Second Donation to Georgia Tech Library Archive’s Retrocomputing Lab: Power Macintosh 8500 June 29, 2014
- Inaugural Donation to Georgia Tech Library Archive’s Retrocomputing Lab June 20, 2014
- Atlanta Science Fiction Society Talk on Teaching SF at Georgia Tech, Tomorrow June 13, 2014
- New Job, New Students, and New Friends in New York City June 10, 2014
- Recovered Writing, PhD in English, Dissertation Defense Opening Statement, May 15, 2012 June 9, 2014
- Recovered Writing, PhD in English, Dissertation Paragraph Summaries Before Defense, May 2012 June 6, 2014
- Recovered Writing, Brittain Fellowship, CETL Brown Bag, Writing the Brain: Using Twitter and Storify, Oct. 2, 2013 June 4, 2014
- Recovered Writing, Unpublished Essay, Michael Bay’s Transformers and the New Post-9/11 Science Fiction Film Narrative, 26 March 2009 June 2, 2014
- Recovered Writing, PhD in English, Comprehensive Exam 3 of 3, Fiction of Philip K. Dick, Dr. Donald “Mack” Hassler, 7 June 2010 May 30, 2014
- Science Fiction, LMC 3214, Summer 2014: Proto-SF, Voyages Extraordinaires, and Scientific Romances May 28, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Steps for Installing Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail in Dualboot Configuration on MacBook Pro Retina 10,1
- Morgan Freeman's Through the Wormhole Episode on Consciousness
- 1080p Trouble with Windows 7, Nvidia, and Samsung LCD HDTV
- Lego Star Wars Millennium Falcon 4504
- On Forced Deep Throat in Aliens Vs. Predator Requiem
- Gandalf Flies with the Eagles, a Lego MOC with 31004 and 30213
- Lego Star Wars Millennium Falcon Midi-Size 7778
- Notes from the State of Black Science Fiction Film Festival 2013
- Travel Light With Only a Regular JanSport Backpack, From My Experience at Dragon*Con 2011 in Atlanta
- Before and After: Witus van de Merwe and District 9
- 364,272 visits
- RT @DH2014Lausanne: Number of tweets per intervals of 10 minutes, from Monday until today 4pm. #DH2014 -yr http://t.co/2WMhB4wVMD 10 hours ago
- RT @djdavidweb: @hcarlton3 its because we watched the directors cut with 20 minutes of extra footage that was mainly character development … 10 hours ago
- #lmc3214 Check out my last retweet. That's an SF education! 10 hours ago
- RT @AmyGaskin: Here we have a glimpse of the unschooled kindergartner in her natural habitat. http://t.co/RFYlqluj9c 10 hours ago
- RT @Jessifer: "Pedagogy is not just a delivery device for the Digital Humanities." slideshare.net/jessestommel/d… #DH2014 11 hours ago
- RT @omurphy16: "Hope is balanced with action and struggle" - Critical Digital Pedagogy inspiring talk by @Jessifer #dh2014 11 hours ago
- RT @jbelli13: @Jessifer: "Pedagogy is praxis” & "should be at the core of what the digital humanities is as an academic discipline” #dh2014 11 hours ago
- RT @DH2014Lausanne: @freifraufitz #DH2015 in Sidney, #DH2016 in Krakow ! -yr 11 hours ago
- RT @GTProject_One: Project One is a community that cultivates an academic identity for first-year students at the Georgia... http://t.co/H… 19 hours ago
- RT @FarihaAlam231: @hcarlton3 I value my life too much -_- Plus those aliens are terrifying #lmc3214 21 hours ago
Commenting PolicyComments on posts are always appreciated and encouraged. However, I continue to fight spam posts in the comments. When you comment, please be patient, because I choose to moderate comments to combat spam. I approve and respond to comments in as timely a fashion as possible. Thank you.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.